• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which mobo should i get?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
check out some reviews and search for opinions of the motherboards here.
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/budget-p55-motherboard,2436-4.html

ASRock is not as popular as ASUS, and the reviews dont look too good for these boards from a quick glance. The ASRock actually died during high voltage testing, and the ASUS appears to be lacking in features.

It might be better to save up a bit more and go with a higher quality motherboard.

check out some reviews and search for opinions of the motherboards here.
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/budget-p55-motherboard,2436-4.html

ASRock is not as popular as ASUS, and the reviews dont look too good for these boards from a quick glance. The ASRock actually died during high voltage testing, and the ASUS appears to be lacking in features.

It might be better to save up a bit more and go with a higher quality motherboard.

Just want to point out I'm a guy who has trouble saving money especially when I want something now but Gab has a very good point. I skimped on my current build and ended up with a mother board that has done nothing but disappoint me.

This thing will drop out and have post issues for what appears to be no reason. They say you get what you pay for in computers and it's true, I'd keep looking and see what you can come across and like Gab said always look for reviews don't trust Newegg reviews lol...

So any good suggestions for boards without them being too expensive ? :)

I'll help you look around also if you will be overclocking I would consider something besides P55 as I have heard they have some issues with OCing correctly BIOS issues or something like that.

Couple of Tom's Hardware recommendations for 1156 socket Mobos.

$150USD on Sale HERE

$130USD Gigabyte (hear good things about Gigabyte boards, HERE

Any info you could give me on price ranges you're looking at would be good too :) Side note I was looking at your two mobos there and it seems you might be looking to stay around $100USD if you can find a way to push an exta $50 you could have a much better selection of mobos.

I could maybe push to $150 (£100), however the site MUST be in the uk :p

What is there other than P55?

I could maybe push to $150 (£100), however the site MUST be in the uk :p

What is there other than P55?

Haha duh I'm sorry I saw the currency too I should've thought ahead of time about that. I'll check around for ya a little more see what I can find.

As far as other than P55 there's a lot to choose from but specifically I couldn't really name any off. I would ask around about alternatives to P55 and see what people have to say.

Haha Irony I just realized both boards I posted are P55 but on the up side not really any negative reviews besides for some DOA's which is normal with anything.

Here's the GB on Amazon though I'm sure it could be found on a different UK site cheaper HERE

Last edited:
Well, i have $150, an intel i5 750 processor. I have maybe 1 or 2 hard disks. I have 4 fans and a few LED's for my case. I'll probably be OCing the i5 to 3 GHz :)

What is a good board for that sort of thing?

:p

Well, i have $150, an intel i5 750 processor. I have maybe 1 or 2 hard disks. I have 4 fans and a few LED's for my case. I'll probably be OCing the i5 to 3 GHz :)

What is a good board for that sort of thing?

:p

The gigabyte board would actually do ya pretty good with an i5 750.

I have an ASRock P55 Extreme, and it has done nothing but run great. Only one small issue though. The BIOS does not control the cpu fan properly. You can only pick a set speed for it to run. It will not do the auto fan feature for some reason.

Back