• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is it just my PSU, or something else?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shanners

Hiya,

I've got an ASUS p6t se, i've wired it all up and hey presto - nothing happens... although there is power getting to my ps2 mouse. Also, NONE of the case fans are operating, or the lights, or speaker etc...

I was wondering, if there was any power getting to the case fans - wouldnt they start working, therefore the prob is with the PSU?

please help, computers...arghhhh!

Are the fans plugged into the motherboard or via 4 pin molex?

Do you have any lights on the mobo? PSU fan spinning?

What brand and wattage PSU?

Do you have the 20+4 and 8 pin plugged into the board?

Are the fans plugged into the motherboard or via 4 pin molex?

Do you have any lights on the mobo? PSU fan spinning?

What brand and wattage PSU?

Do you have the 20+4 and 8 pin plugged into the board?

Hiya...

All fans are plugged via 4pin MOLEX, there are no adapters to plug into mobo.

The PSU is a Winpower 650W (not my first choice, just what microdirect advised as an alternative - it looks totally ***t quality and i think i'll change it anyway)

The 20+4 & and 4 pin (not a full 8?) are plugged into the motherboard.
The PSU fan is not rotating at all.
I get the ASUS standby power light on the motherboard, and some power to my Ps2 mouse, but nothing else.

Any ideas?

Slightly worried about that "Winpower" PSU... :p
Take all the cables out of the PSU and GPU and everything like that and just have the fans plugged in. Then jump start the PSU using the paper clip trick.

If the fans start spinning the PSU is working to some extent. If they don't then the PSU is dead.

what is the paper clip trick... ?
God, tell me about the win power PSU. total crepe. Even says, "Extremely Silence" on the box. Well P.O'd about it.

Back