• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ABIT ST6-RAID memory mod?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

smills98823

Hello,

I have an old ABIT ST6-RAID motherboard with an Intel Pentium III running at 1.2GHz. 512 MB RAM, 80 Gig HD.

I would like to know if there is a way to mod the BIOS to allow more RAM. This board has three slots for RAM but the BIOS locks out at 512 MB. I think those slots are getting wasted when I have a single 512 chip installed. I have the latest BIOS update for this board.

Any info would be much appreciated.

you cant do any mod to the bios for more memory. the memory limitation is of the chipset or rather the memory controller coupled to the chipset.

you know you can run P3-S cpus on that board? been thinking of getting one for my non-raid ST6. great boards for sure, just a shame they are limited to 512MB of ram.

Thank you for your reply. It is a shame. I had recently been shipped a pallet of these and wanted to put them to use.

again thank you for you help! :)

Back