• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

one long beep - memory problem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

disguisedrobot

Hi guys,

I've just had my new pc delivered and after putting it all together i'm recieved a single and continuous beeping sound from the mobo. i've tried taking the memory out, putting it back in, trying them in different slots and tried them one at a time and there's still the beeping noise.

The DRAM LED on the mobo is lit up when I turn it on. when i press the MemOK! switch it turns off until i let go. the DRAM LED flashes twice slowly and then it goes off completely. The beeping sound still rings..

Any suggestions as to what else i can try or what other problem it could be? I'm finding it difficult to believe that all 3 sticks, which are brand new, are faulty..

My mobo is the Asus P6X58D-E and memory is the Corsair 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 1600MHz XMS3.

Smells like is something wrong with your hardware, try connecting everything in their place, besides, check the 4 or 8 pin connector to your mother, try with one stick if doesn´t work try the other (in case you have two)...

dammit. I posted a reply but it didn't work so I think I have to retype it...

Thanks for the replies, but I've just fixed it. To cut a long story short I didn't realise I needed two power leads to be connected to my graphics card since one was 8pin and the other was a 6pin connector. The sound was actually coming from the graphics card and not the mobo. A better description of the sound would be a high pitched beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep compared to the "doot" you typically hear from the mobo..

Thanks for your time and I hope this helps other people prevent this stupid mistake.

Back