• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooling suggestions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Patrone

Registered
Hey guys im looking into over clocking my pc and i need some new cooling parts any suggestions would be great.

Processor:Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
Memory:4096MB RAM
Hard Drive: 640 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Motherboard: ASUS P5E Deluxe
Computer Case: XION AXP100 ATX

Extreme cooling refers to sub-ambient cooling. I'm guessing you're looking for a decent air cooling solution. What type of budget do you have?

since we're here, I RECOMMEND PHAZE COOLERZZZZZ lol...but seriously, the op is on a 95w tdp processor, so most of the top air coolers that we normally recommend are overkill...they'll work just fine, but op should be able to get within 2-3c for <1/2 the $$$ imo.

NAH MANNNNN, summtin like thissss, but yea, that's phase...that'll get you subambient. Don't forget to insulate your board!

you might wanna try ebay for this...coolers are typically a good thing to get used, you can find some real deals. If you get some measurements from the cpu socket to the side of the case we can give you some options for things to look for.

+1. I got my true on ebay and it was $30 shipped. If I didn't need an Am2 backplate or two very nice fans, it would've been a steal. ;)

Back