• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GIGABYTE X58A-UD7 or ASUS RAMPAGE III EXTREME

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
from personal experience with gigabyte i have to advise you to avoid them. gigabyte x58 motherboards seem to have a high failure rate and gigabyte customer support is a joke. i will never buy another gigabyte product.

Im waiting for some reviews to come out on the X58A UD7, but I would imagine its going to be a monster. I understand the RIIIE is a monster clocker as well.

Like fundip mentioned, some giga products have had some issues. But the brand is still quite reliable contrary to the few issues that have popped up. There are stories to the opposite of this passionate opinion as well. :)

Gigabyte makes some rock solid boards, I have had vary good experience with gigabyte and overclocking.:rock:

i have to reemphasize that while gigabyte motherboards may be the same quality of other company's motherboards, gigabyte customer service and technical support is essentially a joke. i had a x58a-ud3r mobo that failed after one month and gigabyte refused to honor their warranty and blamed me for having incompatible hardware.

I should emphasize you did have parts that werent on their compatability list, right?

While this is normally not a problem on any board, one should be able to conceed that may have been part of the issue. ;)

Listen, I dont want to go back and forth on this. Fundip, your situation was real, there is no doubt, but to black ball a company over your sigular experience especially considering the circumstances, is a bit extreme. We have had this conversion more than once before, I know that.

everything i used was on the compatibility list. everything worked fine for 5 weeks except for the short post loops which seems to be a common problem with gigabyte x58 motherboards. all the hardware works perfectly fine on an evga motherboard, no post loops.

it is common practice for gigabyte to accuse their customers of ignorance rather than honor the warranty. if you have trouble believing me go read gigabyte's responses to the negative reviews of their products on newegg.

here it is. it is cut and past. the same response for everyone.

"Manufacturer Response:Thank you for your comments. Honest and constructive opinions are always welcome. We apologize for your difficulty with your Gigabyte product. Please contact us at [email protected] with the case number 2010080308 in the subject line. We will provide personalized service and analysis to help solve your issue as soon as possible.

If the matter is urgent, please send us your contact number, and we will contact you ASAP.

Gigabyte VIP Support Team"

when you file a warranty claim with gigabyte you get the same style of cut and past responses by email but they blame you and claim that gigabyte motherboards are flawless.

earthdog,
did you remove your post because you didnt want to get me started?

Last edited:
Sorry I deleted that post as to not incite a riot... but I didnt pull it in time. I looked back at your thread, and it seems like you did get an answer.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6506828&postcount=14

"Dear customer,

The motherboard tested without any issue. Our engineers were able to install Windows 7 and ran different diagnostics for more the 24 hours with no trouble found.

Thank you"

I mean, they tested it, and it worked. What more do you want from them?

What you poasted above, thats a cut and paste response from newegg reviews I believe. ALL MFG do that in the review section to resolve issues. ;)

Anyway, Lets not go back and forth again on this...your dissapointment is not without its merit, but the way you try to get your point across and with your one, singular experience, kind of turns me off. Im sure the OP appreciates your experience, as do I though. :)

Sorry I deleted that post as to not incite a riot... but I didnt pull it in time. I looked back at your thread, and it seems like you did get an answer.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6506828&postcount=14

I mean, they tested it, and it worked. What more do you want from them?

What you poasted above, thats a cut and paste response from newegg reviews I believe. ALL MFG do that in the review section to resolve issues. ;)

Anyway, Lets not go back and forth again on this...your dissapointment is not without its merit, but the way you try to get your point across and with your one, singular experience, kind of turns me off. Im sure the OP appreciates your experience, as do I though. :)

i dont believe that they did test it because i had to ask them several times by email before i got a response that wasnt cut and paste. they told me that with the intention that i would get frustrated and go away.

well its not just me that has had this experience with gigabyte customer service, that's the point i am making by responding to you and showing the duplicated responses on newegg. it is thier sop. and when you say that all mfg do that, you are wrong. only gigabyte uses cut and past to communicate with their customers.

i am sure gigabyte products are in general the same quality as any other manufacturer, but their customer support is not.

so i am going to sum it up for the op so he knows where i stand.

when you buy a gigabyte product you do not get a warranty with it.

What you posted above was from newegg (you said that) and most if not all vendors there respond in the same manner there, like I just said. Now, with that said, if you are talking about their emails to you being cut and paste (which was not mentioned in the same breath I would like to add) that is another valid concern of yours. Luckily when I had to RMA a board with them, I did not receive that same service.

/beating a dead horse. I think its clear the OP knows where we both stand by now. :p

What you posted above was from newegg (you said that) and most if not all vendors there respond in the same manner there, like I just said. Now, with that said, if you are talking about their emails to you being cut and paste (which was not mentioned in the same breath I would like to add) that is another valid concern of yours. Luckily when I had to RMA a board with them, I did not receive that same service.

/beating a dead horse. I think its clear the OP knows where we both stand by now. :p

your logic is flaaaaawless. im dropping it, are you picking it up?

Hi guys.. i'm new here.
I had Asus Rampage III extreme with my HX850..
I had these problem with the EATX12V connectors*Manuals indicated must get one plugged*.
It seems that Corsair HX850 doesnt have one but an EPS/ATX12V instead.
Does splitting the 8 pins into ATX12v and get it connected enough on the EATX12v with only 4 pins?
Some suggested it's fine enough if u don't do much OC. But i run SLI 460...
What's ur advise guys?

Back