• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

12" hardbound book in a 7" letterbox

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FireMogle

So I bought a textbook online brand new and the USPS managed to fit this 3-400 page hard bound textbook into a 7" wide letterbox. I think this is the first time I have seen a case where someone went though vastly more work to screw something up than to just do it correctly... we have parcel boxes a foot away from the letter boxes. I took a screwdriver to the thing but it is wedged in there so tight I can't get it out.

The book is essentially ruined, but I will wait till tomorrow when I have them pry it out of the mailbox to check the damage. I am just utterly amazed by this action.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'

I didn't think to get a picture of it in the box, but I will be having pictures of the damage to the book.... I dunno if it will do them justice.

I called the post office today and explained it to them. Their response was nearly word for word what I expected "We will have the letter carrier get it out of the box for you today." I was on hold for the next 5-10 min while they tried to get an answer for my follow up "And what am I going to do with a ruined textbook"

I have a date with the post office after work now.

I didn't think to get a picture of it in the box, but I will be having pictures of the damage to the book.... I dunno if it will do them justice.

I called the post office today and explained it to them. Their response was nearly word for word what I expected "We will have the letter carrier get it out of the box for you today." I was on hold for the next 5-10 min while they tried to get an answer for my follow up "And what am I going to do with a ruined textbook"

I have a date with the post office after work now.

...bring lube.

...bring lube.

Thing is I have several Family members that work at USPS in my home town... they are surprisingly competent.

Mistakes happen, people are lazy and a little slow... but this was substantially more work than doing it correctly.

Well I was never able to gather pictures but luckily the post office has claimed they are not at fault.... money well spent.

Well looks like I get to buy the book again!

Well I was never able to gather pictures but luckily the post office has claimed they are not at fault.... money well spent.

Well looks like I get to buy the book again!

I told you to bring lube...

I told you to bring lube...

Best part was she tried to get me to pay to ship it back to the sender....

But I guess I can rest assured that they will talk to the letter carrier (again) about not stuffing packages into mailboxes that are obviously too small.

After they remove the book, you may want to check for damage to the letterbox.

Back