• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UPS is now amazing in my mind

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Knufire

Yes, I know everyone's gripes about them. The parts damaged in shipping, the 10 foot drops, etc, etc. However, I think I just had one of the best experiences with a company, short, simple, and sweet.

My 3rd headset came today, after two came DOA's. As you can tell, I was pretty anxious to get them. However, I wasn't at home all day. Finally getting home, at around 9PM, I asked my mom if the package had come. She said no. Since the tracking said it was delivered at around 10 that morning, I started to get worried, so I ran outside.

There have been reports of theves in my area lately, which is why I was worried. However, the UPS man was thoughtful enough to hide the box UNDER my doormat, on the side facing the door, making it almost invisible to a passerby.

+1 to you, UPS man. Thanks to you, my headset didn't get stolen. :D

I've never experience any problems with UPS, most people here have some complaints but nothing out of the ordinary, over all we're one of the forums thats receives the shipping process of UPS rather well.

I think your experience is one of those things that shows the company cares about keeping customers like us :) After all Newegg doesn't only offer UPS, nor do many other sites offer only UPS so it's always good to see a company going that extra mile like with your situation =]

True, I've never heard anyone on these forums talk about UPS, but I've heard several complaints from people I personally know about delicate parts being damaged. Never happened to me personally though.

We have a giant rock by our front door, and our UPS man has always put the boxes behind that. Invisible from the road, and really really hard to see until you're on top of it.

Actually today was niffty for once the UPS man waited for someone to answer the door even though no signature was needed =]

I always have good service from the same UPS guy in the past several years. If i was not home i would call their 1-800 number to pick up my stuff. The Elyria Ohio UPS is just down the street.

Yeah, I've always had great service with UPS. I had a package that needed a signature, but I knew I wouldn't be home. I wrote a note on the door saying "I'm not home, but please leave the package here! Thanks!" thinking he probably wouldn't, but it was worth a shot. Turns out he signed for me (just made up a signature that was my first initial and last name) and left the package!

UPS is great at hiding packages. They hide them in the bush in front of my house during a rain storm, in my back yard once and in an empty garbage can. It's like an Easter egg hunt.

Back