• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Customer Service and RMA is HORRIBLE!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GreenJelly

I had sent in my Asus HD AV1.3 Deluxe card and its sister discrete audio card 2 months ago for static. It took over 4 weeks for me to get my product back, and they did not send the Sister Card back. I contacted Asus 3 times a week for the past Month and a half. Each time I contacted Asus, they told Me that they would look into it and call Me back. I have never received a telephone call back.

According to Asus, The sister audio card (which is a circuit board with opamps, etc) is considered a "Accessory" Asus's RMA email says....
* Do not include any accessories, including but not limited to and will not be returned / replaced. Customers will be responsible for shipping fee if they are requesting items to be returned.

- user manuals, software, I/O shields, retention mechanisms / brackets, or original box

- Non-ASUS products: CPU, memory, after-market heat sink / fans

Now I cant seem to get the product I purchased back, and for me to get the 8 channel output that I originally wanted from this card, It appears that I would have to purchase the card separate for $40!

This is not My first issue with Asus's customer service. I have had problems with their Motherboards and similar un-coperative support. In fact this is the worse I have ever been treated (and I'm not exaggerating)

*Moved to Vendor Discussion*

No reason to not get calls back, I'd suggest calling again and asking for your issue to be escalated. Record the persons information who you speak with, and get a personal commitment that they will call you back at a specific time with an update, even if they have not made any progress.

I have gone through something similar with Nationwide on a policy refund lately. Sometimes customer service has a hard time getting things straight, but if you can get to the right person and you are persistent things usually work out.

Were you not aware of the no accessory rma clause? That is a pretty standard section for RMAs. Not blaming you, mistakes happen - just being balanced about it.

yeah. You really need to push Asus to budge on it. I talked them for over an hour (including hold time) to get a different model motherboard from RMA because the one they kept sending was full of bad caps. We sent that motherboard to them and got it back saying nothing is wrong with it, but it still had bulging capacitors. It was one of those "wth asus" moments. They sent us a different model board in advance before sending out the defective one and they did not charge us for the advance replacement.

Back