• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ga-z58a-ud5 rev 2.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

scotchguy

Registered
Alright, so I'm making the plunge. I just bought my first intel CPU - i7 930, and I am looking at the mb in the title. Gigabyte's ud5 has all the features I want/need and enough overclocking tools to (hopefully) keep me busy for now.

To the question, I keep hearing chatter about the new revision (2.0) for the MB and how I should wait for it's release; however I can't seem to get any retailer to confirm that it is in stock. From the last few reviews on Newegg, it sounds like the new revision is in.

Superbiiz is selling the ud5 cheaper but specifically notes in the title Rev 1.0. I do not mind spending a few extra dollars on the revision as it sounds like there are some minor improvements (mainly to do with the power phases), but I would personally prefer going Newegg.

If anyone has purchased the revision 2.0 and would like to throw their 2 cents in, I would appreciate it!

I have not heard the rumors of ver2 on the ud5. I do hear the rumors that the current ud3 and ud7 have mods to help with bclk wall that the rev 1 of ud5 doesnt have. also know that many of the x58a-ud3 (has to be the x58a version) clock better than the ud5 or ud7. I have had my ud3 all the way to 257 bclk when cpu is on dice and not many boards will do that. If you dont need more than the ud3 offers for convenience features no reason to pass on it unless you are going 6core in the near future. just my .02 american dollars

Thanks for the input, but I ended up ordering the UD5. I am a sucker for the shmexy heat sinks, the onboard power/reset features, and not to mention the talk of the new phase for extended life of the MB and the components.

As for overclocking, I am not bold enough yet to go too crazy with this setup. I will probably stop at 4.0ghz (unless i see a good deal of headroom with i7-930 and my H50). I look forward to as my friends say "Turning to the Dark Side" and going intel for a change.

Back