• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P7P55D-E overclocking habilities

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dazz.

Hi guys and gals

I ordered a P7P55D-E board a few days ago to couple it with an I5 750. Is it an ok mobo for OCing please? can I expect to hit 4GHz?

thanks

Hi guys and gals

I ordered a P7P55D-E board a few days ago to couple it with an I5 750. Is it an ok mobo for OCing please? can I expect to hit 4GHz?

thanks

:welcome:

I have the PRO version : http://www.techreaction.net/2010/08/09/review-asus-p7p55d-e-pro-a-step-above/

I can honestly say this is a very strong board for air and water OC and TBH your limiting factors will be the PSU, the processor, and perhaps the memory depending on how you clock it. You will definitely want a good CPU cooler as well.

Thanks Archer :)
My PSU is probably the weakest component of my set up, but it can feed my 1090T @ 4GHz / 2.6GHz NB stable, and given I5 750's have lower TDP I hope it will be up to the job

I don't mind running my RAM at vanilla speeds if necessary, don't need too much band width there

And the NH-D14 should keep temperatures low enough

did I get it right and all P7P55D boards are the same OC wise but with different features?

New egg is the place to get side by side comparisons but your board specs out the same as the one I have as far as overclocking. 12 +2 Hybrid 16 phase power.

Your obvious limiting factors as compared to the pro are the PCIe bus and no coax.

wow! I just noticed in newegg the pro version is just a few more bucks than mine.
Here in Spain it costs almost twice as much!

Glad to hear it's a good mobo for OCing, that's my main concern

Thanks again :)

Back