• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XFX Experience (AWESOME)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jcraw07

Below is my experience with there RMA process, amazing. I am very Impressed, They found my card to be defective and automatically are sending me a new one!

Ticket Details
Ticket ID
-------
Status
With Technician
Date Created
8/2/2010
Regarding
HD 5870 850M 1GB DDR5 DP HDMI DUAL DVI PCI-E
L4H034697
HD-587X-ZNFV
Thank you for your recent message. Our technicians are aware of your ticket and will respond as soon as possible.
[ 8/2/2010 9:35:59 PM] When i play games that are 3-d I get pixels on my screen. The card does not get hot what so ever. It always stays under 55c. I have a great cooling system 11 fans, anyway I upgraded from a 9800 GTX+ to this and would think i wouldn`t have these issues. I understand it`s a new card It`s why I`m not running circles with my head chopped off. Please help
[ 8/2/2010 9:38:20 PM] O yea the only way to get it to stop is to restart the PC, I turned off CCC and it helped a little bit also the game with randomly crash too the screen will go yellow with lines or simply freeze. My CPU isn`t getting anywhere near max hits about 25% usage is a Hyper threaded quad core and my memory laughs at the game sitting at like 20% usage. My hard drive is new as well.
[ 8/2/2010 9:40:44 PM] O yea the only way to get it to stop is to restart the PC, I turned off CCC and it helped a little bit also the game with randomly crash too the screen will go yellow with lines or simply freeze. My CPU isn`t getting anywhere near max hits about 25% usage is a Hyper threaded quad core and my memory laughs at the game sitting at like 20% usage. My hard drive is new as well.
[ 8/2/2010 9:41:09 PM] Huh? The second message went twice thats odd hahahah
[ERIK_A 8/2/2010 9:42:53 PM] Hi Jeffrey, Start with the drivers. Go into programs and files section within the control, find the ATI catalyst install manager. Click the change/modify button next to it. It will launch a wizard, you want to do the express uninstall option it gives you. After that’s uninstalled make sure that you have a clean install of drivers. We highly recommend Driver Sweeper, found at http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/ which will come in handy for cleaning out traces of older graphics drivers. Download the program, install it, but don’t run it until you’ve rebooted into Safe Mode (tap F8 during boot up) and then choose ATIDisplay as the cleaning selection. Run that 3 4 times, to be thorough, and then youll reboot into normal Windows mode in order to reinstall drivers. Go straight with the latest driver package. Get the drivers right from here http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx .
[ 8/2/2010 9:45:13 PM] Ok will do be right back, although it was doing this with my old hard drive and my new hard drive was a fresh reinstall sooo.....
[ 8/2/2010 9:46:26 PM] Still want me to do that even though it seems it wont work due to this is a new hard drive and the old drivers are in no way to be found.
[ 8/2/2010 9:46:58 PM] Still want me to do that even though it seems it wont work due to this is a new hard drive and the old drivers are in no way to be found.
[ 8/2/2010 9:47:16 PM] damnit when i hit refreash it sends the damn message again sorry
[ 8/2/2010 9:56:27 PM] Hello? Sorry I am just wanting this to be fixed
[ 8/2/2010 10:11:53 PM] Anyone out there, can anyone hear me is there anyone at all? .... Good song
[ 8/2/2010 10:26:15 PM] Erik I am sad where did you go?
[ 8/2/2010 10:41:24 PM] Okay done will test now
[ 8/2/2010 11:19:11 PM] I will replay by tomorrow it seems fine now but I am not yet convinced, Will tell you ASAP when something happens.
[ 8/3/2010 12:56:53 AM] Didn`t work After a hour it pix elated on me again
[ 8/3/2010 7:51:29 AM] Did heaven and it got pix elated again and I even switched rails.
[RYAN 8/4/2010 6:30:01 PM] Please call us at 800-880-3225 (M-F 9AM-5PM Pacific time). I believe we can troubleshoot this issue more efficiently over the phone. Take care, Ryan
[ 8/4/2010 7:06:52 PM] Will do thank you
[ERIK_A 8/4/2010 7:11:33 PM] Hi Jeffrey, Send that screenshot over to [email protected]. - Erik
[ 8/4/2010 7:25:41 PM] done :)
[ERIK_A 8/4/2010 9:59:44 PM] Hello, I have authorized your RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) so that you can send your XFX product in for service. Your RMA number is ---------------. Please copy and paste the following link into your browser, http://driver.xfxsupport.com/public/other/PCA_RMA_TC.pdf This form contains all the details for sending your product in for warranty service. Please read this document carefully before sending your product in. The address being used for return shipping is 2921 chauncy circle If for some reason you need to use a different return shipping address or telephone number than please notify us immediately at [email protected]. Include your ticket number as the subject line. Changing the address in your online profile will NOT update the return address on the RMA.
[ 8/5/2010 12:28:44 AM] You have been very helpful thank you. You have always answered my questions and never shown any kind of rudeness. I appreciate this customer service as I have been in the customer service as a salesmen, general and now tech. It`s hard to find people like Erik here. Treat him with all the kindness he deserves. I have sent my baby in (video card), and hope it gets fixed. I heard that if not repaired can be replaced by a Nvidia or another ATI... I would hope I`d keep the same 5870 series would be nice ya know.
[ 8/6/2010 5:21:21 PM] Please notify me on the smallest thing with my card, also how do you test the cards cause If I can know I wont have to ever send you any cards : ). Be as technical as possible I don`t mind. Tech Field: 3 years, A.S. Degree in Networking from ITT. Kinda wish I did hardware as well but hey pick one field and stick to it hehehhe
[DANIEL_E 8/6/2010 11:18:26 PM] Hi, they will test the cards in a system with some diagnostic tests as well as in real world games. For the most part if something fails testing here we send it back to our factory. We don`t normally do component level diagnostics. Once we receive and scan the card into testing we`ll let you know. Daniel
[ 8/7/2010 2:42:57 AM] sweet thank you, I hope they seen what I had seen :)
[ 8/7/2010 2:47:14 AM] I noticed you have my card now, if anything was damaged during shipping I have a 400 Dollar insurance on it, please tell me if it got damaged so I can consult USPS. Thank yas
[ 8/8/2010 7:27:35 PM] Any word? Curious,
[MICHAELC 8/9/2010 7:34:04 PM] We have received your recent returns ref: -----------. Your returns will be passed to the RMA department for testing and diagnosis. We will notify you on completion. Thank You. XFX Support Team
[ 8/9/2010 11:38:17 PM] Thank you for the update
[MICHAELC 8/11/2010 1:16:28 AM] Your recent returns ref: XCR46941 has recently completed the testing process with the following status: {L4H034697 = FAULTY}. A technician will be in contact shortly to discuss completion of this return. If you have any queries regarding this test result - please send a message to the support team. Thank You. XFX Support Team
[ 8/11/2010 2:18:38 AM] L4H034697 = FAULTY ? So it was bad im confused heh
[JASONN 8/12/2010 12:23:52 AM] We have despatched your recent returns ref: ----------- via www.fedex.com with tracking reference: ---------------------. If you have any queries regarding this action - please send a message to the support team. Thank You. XFX Support Team
[ 8/12/2010 12:44:41 AM] Thanks you guys are awesome seriously thank you!

XFX has always treated my friends and I well. My best CS experiences...Corsair, EvGA, XFX, Biostar, Mushkin, Gigabyte, & Western Digital. My worst, Asus, MSI, & Sapphire.

Just sumbitted a ticket myself. Hopefully they get my a RMA number ASAP so I can get my vid card out to them and back as soon as possible :)

Got an RMA, card went out Friday. Should have it on Monday. Hopefully they have a quick turn around, and they don't find my card not fautly. The issues I'm having with it are very subtle, but there non the less.

Back