• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Seeking decent 1366 Motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

v0nch

Registered
Hello all there :)
hope u all good.

TITLE: Seeking EITHER 1366 OR 1156 which is SLI/Crossfire ready

Well, recently my PSU on my pc was busted; though I already decided to change my whole system, at the moment I have the Asus P5N-E SLI motherboard, and its working well for me, but since im changing my CPU too, might aswell go for an i7 and change the mobo to last for longer time.

Anyone know a decent Motherboard with LGA1366 (i7 920) or LGA1156 (i7 860) (SLI/Crossfire ready) which is around an equivilant level of an Asus P5N-E SLI?
this one good - Asus 1156 P7P55D S/L? Cuz quite cheap and does have crossfire in x16/x4 - my main card at x16 would be enough for long time and would like to leave option open for crossfire in the future.

Because the ones I see atm are quite the high-end models like Asus RAMPAGE II etc. and I don't need one that good.

This is the system which I hope to newbuild:
CPU - i7 (maybe 860 or might 920)
RAM - 4Gb ddr3 (1600Mhz
PSU: Corsair 650w
Case: Coolermaster 690
GPU: GTX 260 or ATI 4890 (quite an old one atm but does anyone know a good gpu which won't cost like £300? :D)

Thanks all =)

Last edited:
for value the gigabyte x58a-ud3 is hard to beat. has just about everything you could want and clocks well to boot. can ge had for 200 american dollars.

There is a good MSI x58 Platinum SLI motherboard in the classies for sale. I can vouche for this board and the MSI brand as well. Nice easy settings to overclock, stable at overclocked speeds as well. I think it's a cheap one too. Check it out.

I would stick with 1366 as I think you'll have more potential for upgrades in the future with that socket instead of the 1156. if you go with the 1366 I would seriously consider going with 3 to 6 gb of ram instead of just 4

is this good?

"Foxconn Quantum Force Flamingblade GTI Motherboard - X58"
cheaper than MSI x58

The only real problem I have with Foxconn is their support it's almost non existent. I bought one of their boards not to long ago "Destroyer" and the board just had issue's from the beginning (a lot of people ran into this) anyway when trying to get Foxconn to take care of it I had to fight them forever to get them to give me an RMA, once the second board came in it soon had the same issue's and they would not even respond to me the second time around. They ended up just dropping the board like a hot rock and pretty much left people holding the bag on it. I also bought a low end Foxconn at the same time to build a cheap system for my niece and that board has been great and without issue's.

Now for the board I recommend for the i7 1366 would be the ASUS P6X58D Premium LGA 1366, its not a cheap board but it's not the most expensive out there either and has given me no issue's it has been pretty much plug and play.

Back