• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best PSU?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jak

Registered
Hi, i am currently using a 200watt pwoer supply which came with my case but think that i really do need a new one and my computer has recently had a number of problems which i think are because of the PSU.

My computers spec is:

Athlon T-Bird 1.4ghz
Epox 8K7A+
512mb Crucial Technology DDR RAM
Hercules - GeForce 2 MX
SB Live! Value
60 gb Maxtor DiamondMax Plus
Standard Samsung 52x CD Drive
HP 8100+ CDRW

The power supplies i am considering getting are below, which do you think would be the best one to get?

AOpen - 400W ATX 12V PSU - 400PFN
Enermax - 430W ATX 2.03 + 12v 1.1 PSU For AMD/P4 - EG465P-VE(FM)
Sparkle Power - 400W ATX 2.03 PSU AMD Approved - FSP400-60GN

Thankyou for any help.

Jack

P.S. Also one more thing, i have a Glaciator II cooler for my CPU. Do you think it is ok pluging it into the motherboard socket for the CPU fan or should i plug it into one of the wires coming directly off the PSU (Like it said i should do with my previous cooler (i have an adaptor)).

Personally, I like the Enermax, though there may be some issues with it with the Epox board. Take a check in the AMD mobo section to see if that is the board having a problem.
I'd recommend powering your CPU fan directly, as fan headers seem to burn out very easily, especially with heavyduty fans.

i have an Enermax 550W with an epox 8KHA+ bord all works fine

i ignore all the on bord readings as my 12 volt apears as 2 and -12 as 3.33

i know its fine coss they were normaler with an asus bord

pc is on constantly and i have no problems
i once had a 230 watt no name supply and it hung all the time and that was with a p2 get a high wattage power supply and u can un plug that reset swich. I cant say it'l be perfect fix for u but it does me fine.

Since you asked what the "best" PSU is I would have to say PC Power & Cooling is. They are mucho $$ though.

thanks for all your help, i will most probably go for the Enermax as thats what most people seem to recmend, i would go for the really expensive ones but dont really have that much to spend on just a PSU.

Sparkle is a very good brand. Also look into Powerman. They are made by the same companies and are very quiet. Not to mention very compatible with AMDS.

Back