• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Would an ASUS Rampage III fit in a Corsair 700 case?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jdizzle925

Registered
I'm getting ready to build a gaming PC and picking up an ASUS R3E. I heard this mobo is huge! Anyone happen to bolt this on a Corsair 700D case without any mods?

Thanks in advance,
--j

Ok how about in the Obsidian 800

Anyone have either the Obsidian 800 or 700 with an ASUS Rampage III motherboard in it? Can you please share your installation experience?

Thanks
JD

Its an ATX form factor so it will fit in anything that supports an ATX motherboard, which yes, both those large *** cases do.. :)

Fits in my 800 with room to spare, only issue is the location of the sata ports(the 3gb ones not the 6gb) the first and last two 3gb sata ports line up with the wire management holes fine, but the middle two happen to hit right between the two wire management holes. So hooking up sata cables in those 2 spots..you have to bend them weird so it doesnt look right. Personally i am just going to grab an extra grommit from somewhere and use the handy dremel to cut out and connect the two holes.

Large *** cases is right LOL Wonder how this obsidian looks next to my Mac PRO. Can't wait to piece this bad boy together next week...

Back