• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

gigabyte ex58 ud3r + Corsair H50 help with setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Reanimation24

I recently upgraded my PC with a H50 LC System (overpriced, I know).and a gigabyte ex58 ud3r (Rev.1.6) Mobo. My problem is, I have the Pump connected to SYS_FAN 1 and there is nothing in the BIOS to set it to max, which, according to the Corsair manual, will give me better performance.

Currently, I have a 920 i7 2.6 Htz Oc'ed to 3.2 Htz and I haven't even hit 50C with a load (SC2!/ WoW). I'm just wondering if there is some BIOS update/Program/alternative I can DL/configure before I buy a fan controller.

I'm relatively new to overclocking and want to push my hardware a little further. Any Advice/Criticism offered would be appreciated. Thank you for your time.

BTW my Wiring job is crap, any idea on how to hide the wires a little better?

0812001323a.jpg

0812001323.jpg

:comp:
-i7 920
-Gigabyte ex58 ud3r
-Nvidia 275 GTX
-6 GB Kingston RAM
-1Tx2 RAID

Any of the SYS_FAN headers will run the pump at 100%, and the CPU_FAN header that you have the H50 fan connected to is controlled by the CPU Smart FAN Control option in the BIOS, so make sure to disable it in order to run the fan at 100%. You could also connect the pump directly to the PSU by using a molex adapter.

Back