• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS P4c 800-e, anyone have a working board left ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Swimswithtrout

Registered
Mine died Monday after 4-5 years of great service.

I'd normally just upgrade to the newest/greatest system, but the problem is that I've been barely employed for the last year. I run my own housing construction business and in the last 3 months,the market is tanking the worst I've ever seen in 35 yrs of business.

The easiest option would be to find another working ASUS P4c 800e.

Anybody able to help a brother out ?

I could pay for shipping and a few $ more.

Woah! The P4C/P4P series boards are rare. Not to say it's impossible to find one, but difficult. Especially a good working one. Have you tried ebay? I just did a quick search and found several P4C's & P4P's.

man would love to get one agian with a Asus CT-479 adapter and a PM 760. sweet setups back in the day vs P4's.

Woah! The P4C/P4P series boards are rare. Not to say it's impossible to find one, but difficult. Especially a good working one. Have you tried ebay? I just did a quick search and found several P4C's & P4P's.

I just tried ebay and there were no listings at all.

(edit) ebay search didn't turn up anything for ASUS P4c but search Socket 478 and I got 3 pages in the US. I gagged when I saw a seller asking ~$180 for a used P4C-800e

Last edited:
so why not just replace the caps? all asus p4xx boards died because of bad capacitors, its not hard to do either (seeing that you're in construction, I don't think you're left handed or something ;))

all asus p4xx boards died because of bad capacitors

+1

That was the cause of probably 95% of the failures on those boards, but an equally important point is that was not an isolated issue, so any one you find now is probably going to have the exact same problem. If you want a working P4C800, you're going to have to either repair it yourself, or find someone to do it for you.

But I also agree, it's not that hard to fix if you have even basic soldering skills.

Back