• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Core i5 750 temperature. Is this too high?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

arjones85

Registered
I know that the maximum designed operating temperature for this proc is 72.7. When playing BC2 the core temps get up to the following:

65, 73, 64, 75

My question is, should I go ahead and lower the overclock a bit that I have done on this proc so that the temps get under 72.7? Or are they close enough that it really doesn't matter?

Just looking for some advice. Can't decide myself if this is anything to worry about or not.

Instead of lowering the speeds you can lower the voltage on the CPU, just going too low might result in instability so I'd suggest running Prime95 or LinX for testing, as well as BC2 since it'll be taxing on the CPU.

Temps are plenty inline. Try not to go above 85c but if you do during like LINX testing a little, its not the end of the world.

Thanks!

Can't lower the voltage anymore unfortunately, it's as low as I can get it while still being stable.

The temps are ok, a little higher than I personally would want but not harmful.

The 72c temp your reading about is tcase temp (or something like that) which is at the IHS I believe and the temps you are reading are from the core itself tso they are higher, the tj max (core temp) for that chip is 99-100c

Back