• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GIGABYTE P55M UD4 or ASUS P7P55D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have the pro version of the ASUS board. I cant find the specs on the UD4 only UD2 but as a rule the ASUS boards a bit better and a bit more costly.

I choose the Asus board just a week ago, mainly becouse it has a better integration of the sata 6 and usb 3 controller. But if you don't need this then go for the cheapest of the two.

IMO without a doubt the P55M-UD4! if the USB 3.0 and sataIII are that big a deal. just buy a add in card for $39.99. though i cant see why anyone needs those right now since no/hardly any devices use it.

I have the pro version of the ASUS board. I cant find the specs on the UD4 only UD2 but as a rule the ASUS boards a bit better and a bit more costly.
there would be some to say otherwise. take the GB-X58-UD3R for instance, it could oc better then a Asus board at the same price. the UD3R even beat out the higher costing UD4 for being able to hit a higher Base-Clock. even my P55M-UD2 hit a higher base clock the the P55M-UD4 but i never did push the base clock on the UD4. needed it up and running for the rosie team so testing was cut short, a 220 base-clock was nothing to sneeze at on a $100 board.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=618867

IMO without a doubt the P55M-UD4! if the USB 3.0 and sataIII are that big a deal. just buy a add in card for $39.99. though i cant see why anyone needs those right now since no/hardly any devices use it.

there would be some to say otherwise. take the GB-X58-UD3R for instance, it could oc better then a Asus board at the same price. the UD3R even beat out the higher costing UD4 for being able to hit a higher Base-Clock. even my P55M-UD2 hit a higher base clock the the P55M-UD4 but i never did push the base clock on the UD4. needed it up and running for the rosie team so testing was cut short, a 220 base-clock was nothing to sneeze at on a $100 board.

First, I apologize.Мy English is not very good .Understand that P55M-UD4 is better than ASUS?

First, I apologize.Мy English is not very good .Understand that P55M-UD4 is better than ASUS?

if the board were to be mATX i would say yes. both boards have there features, the P55M for being mATX vs ATX. ocing will be about the same for both. i guess the choice you need to figure out is if you want to go mATX or go ATX. the Asus board has more slots then the P55M due to the form factor. comparing the two boards is like comparing apples to oranges since they are different form factors. after using the P55M-UD4, my vote is for that one.

if the board were to be mATX i would say yes. both boards have there features, the P55M for being mATX vs ATX. ocing will be about the same for both. i guess the choice you need to figure out is if you want to go mATX or go ATX. the Asus board has more slots then the P55M due to the form factor. comparing the two boards is like comparing apples to oranges since they are different form factors. after using the P55M-UD4, my vote is for that one.

Тhanks.
Оther parts will be:
D3 4G Kit, 1600MHz, A-Data Plus Series
500GB WD Caviar® Green™, SATA2, 7200rpm max
Core i5 760 Quad Core (2.8GHz (Turbo Boost), 8MB, LGA1156) BOX
CoolerMaster eXtreme Power Plus 500W PSU
Gigabyte GV-N460OC-768I

I was not speaking of cost though. As I said nothing about priced the same. The similarly equipped (the one meant to compete with the lower priced board) ASUS will generally cost more.

I was not speaking of cost though. As I said nothing about priced the same. The similarly equipped (the one meant to compete with the lower priced board) ASUS will generally cost more.

Asus are more expensive than a gigabyte.

Asus are more expensive than a gigabyte. likes me which is best for overclocking.

I have been doing a little research and between these two boards I would go with the Gigabyte. The PCIe is setup to be 16x or 8x-8x for a dual card but the ASUS appears to run the x16 slots at 16x and 4x this is evidently due to the lack of the PLX chip contained on higher end boards. As far as overclocking, unless you are going to go with extreme cooling (sud zero) they should clock the same. If going cold the ASUS may suit you a little better only if not running a dual card solution.

I have been doing a little research and between these two boards I would go with the Gigabyte. The PCIe is setup to be 16x or 8x-8x for a dual card but the ASUS appears to run the x16 slots at 16x and 4x this is evidently due to the lack of the PLX chip contained on higher end boards. As far as overclocking, unless you are going to go with extreme cooling (sud zero) they should clock the same. If going cold the ASUS may suit you a little better only if not running a dual card solution.

I do not speak good English. I do not understand anything you say . Tell me what motherboard to buy asus or gigabyte.
Тhank you very much.

He said the Gigabyte and don't get a WD green drive get a WD black drive as they are faster

Back