• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rampage 3 Extreme Boot Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

houstonm

Well, when I boot up my Rampage 3 Extreme the boot diag. CPU light blinks three times and goes off and the system continues to run, and doesn't check anything else that I can see with the boot diagnostic LEDs. I assume this means one of two things: 1. my cpu is dead or 2. my socket is dead. I have tried the two 8 pins individually and it doesn't seem to work.

Last edited:
Yessir it is, I reseated the CPU and reapplied the CoolIt! ECO with AS5. Even if it does run a little hot, it should keep checking and booting into windows.

My, it's amazing how popular of a site this is with so many members, yet I haven't gotten more than one reply.

If it is any constellation, I am going to be putting the parts into storage and buying some new components for a benching rig, I will take them out of storage when the rig is complete and I finish the computer build requests that are lined up. I just don't have any time to fool around with this PC any longer when I am this busy.

You guys can do what you do- lock the thread or mark it as solved or whatever.

host...I think ur RAM is inserted in the incorrect dimm slots. The first dimm slot is not the first one from left. Its the 2nd on from the left = A1. First try with one dimm and see for urself. Had a similar issue - hoping my research on my issue pays when my freeking RAM'ed PSU returns...(PSU anger management issues). I exact same issue but did not have a chassis speaker so went on my know how (basically...cried...moaned...read google...joke sites...happy...about to go to sleep and then it came to me...one dimm...swear I had halo and wings when this happened;-)

All the RAM is in the right place, I know that from the get-go. I am simply too busy to work with troubeshooting this computer anymore while I am this busy building a ton of computers for long-time clients.

have you tried connecting a system speaker and going by the beeps. Also some hardware specs might help.

Back