• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BFG Stops RMA and Warranty Support

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Oldgamer

Just received my BFG GTX 285 back from BFG after three weeks for an RMA repair. The card came back just as broken as it was when I sent it to them. Today I called and was told by the tech that he just got a memo this morning (on a Sunday no less) that BFG will no longer support warrantys or do RMA's on graphics cards. As a group, it looks like they decided not to honor their commitments and now will leave all of us in a lurch. This is a very expensive, less than a year old boat anchor. I won't be buying BFG anything in the future. Anybody have an idea how who might be able to perform a repair? :mad:

I just read on the jonnyGURU forums yesterday of someone having them send him his broken ES800 psu back unfixed and posted an email or screenshot or something that says that they are liquidating all the BFG assets. :(

Yeah that won't do anything! I am so lucky I RMA'd my card earlier this year when it stopped working. I guess anyone with working BFG products should save up in case one should become faulty, or (try) to sell it on.

Dayum that sux :-/ I remember I was a BFG fanboy for the longest. Don't own anything BFG now. A shame it has come down to this.

Yup, there was a thread posted yesterday about this in the Nvidia forum. I guess I should have moved it here.

I might just hunt it down and merge these threads together.

Wow, it's a good thing I got rid of all of my BFG parts (coincidentally recently)...
If you have expensive BFG stuff and can sell it at not a big loss, I'd say unload it ASAP... as long as the product isn't dead right now, there's nothing wrong with selling it in working condition. I'd personally do that, rather than take a chance of it dying on me (if it's a $150+ item in my opinion).

Unload them on eBay only. We know not to buy any BFG product in classified ad now ;)

If you do sell em, hope it doesn't break down for more than 45 days so they can't do a PP charge back when BFG refuses to repair.

Maybe you'll get lucky and someone will buy out the brand (along with its warranty liability). But I think that's a very outside chance...

Man that stinks. I also used to be a huge BFG fanboy. While in business they had just about the best warranty service I ever dealt with. Luckily I don't have anything from them now but I feel bad for the people that still do.

My wife's rig has a BFG LS550 PSU and a BFG 96GT, When I first heard BFG was going down the tubes I had already pretty much figured that if either of them die I was going to eat the loss, So I can't say I'm surprised, Just hope they last awhile.

Damn, I've got two BFG 285 GTXs!!!! :shock: Hope nothing goes wrong, I think I'll ebay these and pick up some eVGA cards!

I was happy with my last BFG card, but after reading the small fine print regarding what their 'lifetime' warranty really was, when it was time to upgrade the old BFG, I opted to not do business with them. It's a shame as they had decent support aside from their lifetime warranty nonsense.

Just for the record, many video card makers have the same so called Lifetime warranties which means lifetime for just the product cycle, which imho is a crock of crap.

On the bright side; People with BFG cards shouldn't start to panic, they still made decent products, the chance of them breaking just because their business is ka-poot is slim at best. ;)

Back