• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PCI-e Overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AD21369

Registered
Just to make sure my DAW tech guy doesn't run into any troubles, I was curious about the PCI-e buss.
What are the chances of the PCI-e 1X getting electrical leakage or unwanted adjustments caused by overclocking...?
I have never overclocked before so it's a first for me.

I have an external PCI-e 1X connector card that runs a 1U full of Analog Devices DSP chips. After reading on their developers forums I am seeing that I need to have the PCI-e 1X bus locked.

On the MSI X58A GD65 I can't see anything in the manual about this, so I thought someone here would know the BIOS of an X58 board failrly well.

This seems like there should be something in the BIOS that forces the bus to operate at its default rate while other buses can be overclocked.
Does anyone know the term in the various BIOS's we use that would isolate the PCI-e 1x buss so I can avoid my rack getting unnecessary adjustments.?

Thanks, I start tweaking this tomorrow...............:-/

The setting in your board's BIOS is called Adjust PCI-E Frequency (MHz), which is located in the CELL Menu, and should be manually set to 100. You can leave the Auto Disable PCI/PCI-E Frequency option on the default of Enabled, and the Adjust PCI Frequency (MHz) option set to Auto.

Thanks Brotha' Man redduc900..
I will look at that first thing.
Not trying to posture, but just stating reality.
The soundcard is here ..http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...g7XHDQ&usg=AFQjCNGEdf4iZKn9uU4Y7qTyTMBSMT9JzA
It took me a month of no festivities and living like a Spartan to buy this.
I doubt I could muster up that strength again. So I am slightly nervous.
Your tips have been quite helpful so thanks again.

Back