• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

please be gentle am new

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

A-K-A-Scooby

Registered
i have just built my rig which is a.

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R Rev 2
Intel Core i7 930 D0
CMP6GX3M3A1600C8 - 6GB (3x2GB) Corsair Dominator, DDR3 PC3-12800 (1600), CAS 8-8-8-24, DHX, XMP

i been reading a few post about the memory timings,which was running at 1066
8x.
and to change it to 12x to make it run at the 1600 speed,but when i went to go change the voltage to 1.65 there is no option for me to do it.do i just type in the number 1.65 ?.

also i did notice when running these programs cpu-z and cpu-t,
that on cpu-t4 pic i dont have any xmp numbers like the others,could this be a bug,so i run cpu-z and found the same problem.

since the multiplier timings change i now have lights on the board,which didnt have before the change,hope i not damaged these parts :chair:

hope you more experienced people could shed some light on this for me.
if you guys need any pics of the bios,i will be more than happy to do them,just let me know what ones please.

thankyou

Attachments

• cpu-t.jpg
    cpu-t.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 121
  • cpu-t2.jpg
    cpu-t2.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 121
  • cpu-t3.jpg
    cpu-t3.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 122
  • cpuz2.jpg
    cpuz2.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 120
  • cpuz.jpg
    cpuz.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 120
  • cpu-t4.jpg
    cpu-t4.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 127
  • cpuz3.jpg
    cpuz3.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 120
  • cpuz4.jpg
    cpuz4.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 120
  • cpuz5.jpg
    cpuz5.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 117
You have your RAM running at 1600MHz, so that's good. I'm not sure why one of your RAM sticks doesn't have XMP numbers. You did get all three sticks in a set, right?

Below I have pics of your BIOS and where to change the RAM multiplier, timings, and RAM voltage.

Attachments

• Capture4.JPG
    Capture4.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 126
  • Capture3.JPG
    Capture3.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 118
yes i changed it via those pics,but on the voltage it does only go up to 1.64,so i have applied that voltage.on my pics it does say that 2 of them are on a voltage at 1.65,and the 1 that looks to be different is at 1.50 plus the part number is wrong.

i did buy them as a kit,am so confused.
could it be something else in the motherboard that could do this,or have they made the mistake on the ram.

once again thankyou

1.64 should be fine. Also, the CPU-Z SPD tab doesn't show the current voltage that the RAM is running, it just shows settings that the RAM can run at. So, your RAM is at ~1.64v since that is what you have set in the BIOS.

According the the SPD tab, the RAM in Slot #5 doesn't even have the same part number as your other two sticks. According to the part number listed, that stick is rated to run at 1333MHz at Cas 9 ("1333C9" section of part number). The other two are rated at 1600MHz Cas 8 ("1600C8" section of their part number).

Yellowbeard XMS is the Corsair rep on this site. I'll send him a PM, and maybe he'll have some input.

thanks,i did notice this and asked to have it RMA with suppler.

just waiting on them now.
strange how it could happen being 1 odd 1 in a kit.
i ran memtest for 9 hours done 8 passes with no errors,but if its the not the right memory then i think it should be sent back.

We can replace the kit if you want and apologize for your inconvenience. Occasionally, a module will receive the wrong SPD which is what appears to have occurred here. If the kit is running properly and you want to skip the RMA and keep the kit, the warranty is of course still valid. It's your decision of course.

Corsair RMA Link: http://www.corsair.com/helpdesk/

Thank you MattNo5ss for bringing this thread to my attention.

thanks again guys.

yellowbeard i just replayed to the rma link you provided.
its ok these things can happen and not really a inconvenience.
just have to be without a rig for a few days or so :(

once again a big thankyou for the help.

Back