• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

socket 775 mATX motherboard - the best!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Firey_chasm

Hi,

well my DFI p45 JR motherboard has some dodgy sata connections causing a lot of problems so I am looking to repalce this.

However I am unsure which board would be best. (rest of my spec is in my sig, so need full compatability with SSDs and 8gb of ram)

I have used the ASUS p5Q G45 board (or whatever its called) and couldnt use all the sata ports due to their position getting blocked by my graphics card.

it will also hopefully be good for overclocking

thanks in advance

Ratz. Well from the list my choices are: ASUS P5QL-CM iG43 or ASUS P5Q-EM iG45 (last 2 of the list).

They have the newer chipset. I would stay away from older chipsets like the G31. I, personally, like to stay with the current chipsets.

Is there a reason you want to remain with the mATX?

my case is mATX and I like keeping it a tiny power house :)

hmm, ok. Really wish there was more choice :(

the CM only has 2 memory slots (I have 4 sticks)
and the EM is what I owned before - the sata ports fall almost right underneath the graphics card, meaning only 2 are accesible :( (I used a 3rd before but it was put under a lot of pressure constantly pushed sideways)

why o why do motherboards have to be such a pain!! if it was 2 years in the future the choice wouldbe simple, upgrade my PC, but the Q9550 is still more than shiny enough for everything I need :/

does anyone know the differences between G41,43,45 and P43,45?

Cheers

P.S. how about http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Asus...0-(x16)-DDR2-667-800-SATA-3Gb-s-RAID-MATX-VGA ?

Q45, Iv never even heard of :/ lol

Last edited:
Ahh, I see. The Asus P5Q-VM DO looks good to me. Even if you have a dual slot video card the SATA ports seem to be out of the way so they won't be blocked. 4 ram slots look good too. Unsure on how well it will overclock tho. Just be sure to keep the NB/SB temps in check ;)

The Q45 is the same as the P45, only in mATX.

Ahh, I see. The Asus P5Q-VM DO looks good to me. Even if you have a dual slot video card the SATA ports seem to be out of the way so they won't be blocked. 4 ram slots look good too. Unsure on how well it will overclock tho. Just be sure to keep the NB/SB temps in check ;)

The Q45 is the same as the P45, only in mATX.

awsome :D

Cheers for your help :thup:

Back