• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P5W DH DELUXE took a crap, need a new motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

us74k5

So i just bought an Asus P5W DH Deluxe. Its been finicky since I got it, i go to plug in the PS/2 keyboard, and the whole thing shuts off. Now it won't boot anymore. I have tried everything i can, no luck. So screw it, time to get a different motherboard I guess. I am running dual ATI HD 4870's. intel E8400. And 4gb's of Corsair dominator ram. I have water cooling, and would like to OC around 4 ghz. I would like some recommendations on what board to buy, thanks for the help in adavance!

-matt

never could get my p5w dh to run a e8400 its went crazy even with the latest bios i gave up and moved on to gigabyte and p5k premium

havnt tried the latest bios on my p5wdh... i do know that it worked with my e7200 just fine, albet not supporting vcore adjustments.... i think the latest bios "fixed that" ... u gotta give the board credit tho... to be able to support pretty much the WHOLE 775 line of cpus .... and being first released back in 2005 is a pretty good job... mine is still going strong.

That being said, any p45 board will do the job just fine, just get one with the features you like. and if you need to use your ps2 mouse and kb, u can always grab a ps2 to usb converter on ebay or dealextreme.com for super cheap.

Best mobos for an e8400-e8600 is the Gigabyte ep45-ud3p or the Biostar T-Power I-45 hands down in my opinion. I have run them both, rock solid.

Back