• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg shoot themselves in the foot.. again.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ratbuddy

Go to newegg. Look at an item page. Wonder what idiot decided to ruin the layout. That is all.

Looks normal to me...

Attachments

• neweg.JPG
    neweg.JPG
    151.9 KB · Views: 690
  • neweg2.JPG
    neweg2.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 689
You aren't seeing this?

Attachments

• newegg.jpg
    newegg.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 688
I'm not seeing it like that....

Attachments

• newegg.png
    newegg.png
    61.9 KB · Views: 688
Mine is not looking like that and I'm viewing the same item you are, Ratbuddy.

Well, I dunno what to tell ya. Maybe they're testing the new layout on certain people :shrug:

What program you running...I'm on Chrome

IE8. It looked normal last night.

edit: The product tabs say 'overview, details, feedback' rather than reviews, etc, so it's not like this is just a formatting issue on my end.

His screen shot looks like IE7/8.

EDIT: Delayed response because of work.

Same here, lol, I didn't even look at the picture to find out. :chair:

I don't know what the heck is going on, I do agree that the layout he is seeing suuuuuuuucks.

I browse zoomed. At 100%, it still looks like crap. They're using that stupid extra-vertical-space layout that seems to be catching on. So stupid. First the push to widescreen, now the push to make less info fit on the already vertically challenged display area.

Anyway, yeah.

Attachments

• newegg2.jpg
    newegg2.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 676
Well, same browser session, a little while later, and it's back to normal. They must have been testing a new layout on a limited number of people. It sucks, and I really hope it doesn't go live.

Attachments

• newegg3.jpg
    newegg3.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 675
The new layout that you posted has been around for a few weeks now. The new layout randomly pops up for me from time to time. Most of the time it looks normal though.

Oh crap...now mine looks like ratbuddy's. Well, the good news is your not crazy...the bad news is, this lay out suuuuuuuuuuucks. Where is that NewEgg rep anyways?

Well, I dunno what to tell ya. Maybe they're testing the new layout on certain people :shrug:

I've seen that layout on my end, so yes, they're either testing a new layout or it has something to do with how you're getting to that page. When it happened to me, I just went back to the home page, did a quick search, and it was 'normal' again.:shrug:

Just had that gawd-awful layout come up on me too. It really sucks too!!!:mad:

I am PM'ing the newegg rep about this thread. I wish those dumb-butts that are in charge of the web pages would give us an opt-out option on their stupid page experimenting!:argue:

Back