• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

want a new x58 pc.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

moko

Registered
what parts do you think i need to get for a new pc,i want to get a x58 board,or atleast i7 support...unless you think differently,my budget is 800$.., i want to build a pc for video editing/encoding, and for viewing my 4 webcams in surveillance mode(so will be recording at times),remotely from wireless locations.Ide like to do this at the sametime working on my pc,without slowdowns.I also want 3 monitor support.I want it to be under $800.....i already have the monitors,but nothing else.very little gaming...but some battlefield and driving games....will have a xbox 360 hooked up through media center,and a front projector hooked up to pc as well(720p DLP)

edit: I would like to put a HD pvr tuner in it also.....also my monitor is a 1600x1200,and other 2 are less than that.....i would like to upgrade the monitors to a higher res later.

mainly..what mobo,proc,memory,ps,and graphics card would you recommend...thanks....im planning on buying tomorrow

what do you'll think of this board
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0312963

BTW: ill be buying the parts at microcenter in marieeta or duluth georgia....or at fry's....ive gone to their websites ,and they have some open box x58 boards...would this be ok?

Last edited:
You will only be able to build a i7 build if you cheap out on the videocard best i could do here.
X58 $190
Core i7-930 $200
Case: $100+
Crucial Ballistix 6GB (3x2B) $180
XFX Radeon HD 4650 1GB $90
Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 600W ATX $50
Western Digital Caviar Blue 320g $42
Total is $852
$933 after tax

thanks.....yes i was thinking off upgrading parts later....just get a good i7 platform to start things rolling :)

i could buy online also.....thanks for the post....ill check out the parts

Most of the stuff I listed was free shipping, the other was $2.99 IIRC. Bottom line, likely not. Check out mobo prices there and compare them to newegg for example. the ram also. He'll walk out with $100+ less if he completely shopped there (likely didnt actually look). :)

Also the $200 i7 930 deals are in store only at Microcenter and maybe Fry's, hes lucky to have one around him. Cant find that at newegg... ;)

I would suggest the gigabyte x58a-ud3, I have one and love it. you also get the usb3 and sata6 capabilities, and the board screams. it is a little more money than some of the boards but can be had for 199 and is worth that and more.

Back