• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus out of warranty repair

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jediobi1

hey everyone

does anyone here of a asus laptop and has had to do a out of warranty repair? if so how much did it cost? i have a asus notebook and the screen is busted and i have no accidental insurance, so my warranty does not cover it

can anyone give me an idea of what the cost might be?

If I were you I'd buy a replacement screen off ebay and repair it myself. My niece has a Dell lappy and her baby got his hands on it and stepped on the screen:rolleyes:. My sister called dell support and they wanted about $400 for repairs :eek:

She called me and asked if I would fix it. She sent the lappy with $100. I bought a new replacement screen from ebay for $80 and just swapped it out.

Just get a set of small screwdrivers and d/l the pdf for screen replacement for your notebook. Be advised tho the screws are very small, so take your time when removing them. It's pretty easy.

If I were you I'd buy a replacement screen off ebay and repair it myself. My niece has a Dell lappy and her baby got his hands on it and stepped on the screen:rolleyes:. My sister called dell support and they wanted about $400 for repairs :eek:

She called me and asked if I would fix it. She sent the lappy with $100. I bought a new replacement screen from ebay for $80 and just swapped it out.

Just get a set of small screwdrivers and d/l the pdf for screen replacement for your notebook. Be advised tho the screws are very small, so take your time when removing them. It's pretty easy.

i thought about that but i could not find a whole scree with plastic and brackets, the screen it self is in ok shape, it still works and has no cracks in it, i just need everything else, im thinking of just taking the screen off, backing up my files and installing server 2003 and have this has a screenless server

Buy a post-emptive SquareTrade warranty :)

i have no idea what that is and i cant buy anything for it right now as i lost my job and have no funds and the bad thing is i might be getting a job that needs me to have a laptop, hopefully if i get the job one will be provided for me

You might have to bite the bullet and sell the laptop for parts (erase or keep the hard drive) and use that money to buy another one.

I bought an extended + accidental warranty for my HP. So far, nothing is bad, but I'm glad I did because I almost had an accident with it.

You might have to bite the bullet and sell the laptop for parts (erase or keep the hard drive) and use that money to buy another one.

I bought an extended + accidental warranty for my HP. So far, nothing is bad, but I'm glad I did because I almost had an accident with it.

well i went ahead and backed up all my files and installed server 2003 on my laptop with active directory etc for learning purposes

Back