• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-X58A-UD3R - I7 930

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ravenous26

Registered
I have the proc Core i7 930 and my new mobo is on it's way (Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R (rev. 1.0))

According to the website the bio's needs to be version F4. Will I be able to boot properly to windows and flash the bio's using Gigabyte's tools? Will I have to dig out a floppy drive from god knows were to flash? Will the board even post? Just curious if I need to do anything special to get the system up and running when the mobo get's here on Monday.

Thanks.

it should still boot, but it may recognize your processor as a 920 instead of a 930

as for the tools.. guessing they are windows based.. not sure if you will get a good install, but you can try.. just dont use your windows key until you're ready for the full install.. let it run as a testing copy of windows since you may need to reinstall fresh after the bios.

Also when updating a bios.. do not have anything overclocked at all.. everything needs to be stock settings!

it should still boot, but it may recognize your processor as a 920 instead of a 930

as for the tools.. guessing they are windows based.. not sure if you will get a good install, but you can try.. just dont use your windows key until you're ready for the full install.. let it run as a testing copy of windows since you may need to reinstall fresh after the bios.

Also when updating a bios.. do not have anything overclocked at all.. everything needs to be stock settings!

Thanks, I have used Gigabyte boards for a while, am fine with updating the bios and all, just wondering if it would even post as the chip was needing a different bios.

Back