• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel DH57JG, Core i3-530, one beep, no video

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Duelund

Hi,

I have just built a PC with
- Antec ISK 310-150 enclosure
- Intel DH57JG
- Intel Core i3-530
- Kingston 2*2GB RAM

When I connect power, CPU fan and enclosure fan starts, I hear one beep and it powers off - after 5 seconds it turns on, the fans starts, one beep and turn off. This continues. No video output (tried DVI digital and DVI analog).

If I remove the RAM, it beeps accroding to manual meaning 'Memory Errror' so something must be working. Still no video.

I have tried with another (desktop) PSU, it acts excacly the same way.

It must be MB, CPU or RAM - but which ?
Any clues ?

Sounds like memory. Can you try one stick at a time and see?

The next and easiest thing you may want to try is a CPU swap.

Also, Make sure the memory is in the correct slots. Sometimes all the ram has to be in the same block, sometimes it has to occupy one space in each block. Depends on the mobo manufacturer.

Thomas
http://www.newagesupport/area51

Hi,

I recently put together the exact same configuration. It also had some start-up issues:
No beep - no display.
Swapt all memories around all banks, but the thing that invoked the first beeps was putting in no memory at all. Now the system works with both memory strips. It all seems they weren't making good contact.

BUT

there is the next issue: the graphics driver for the i3.
When this is installed the following happens:
the system boots
It shows the desktop background with the white welcome text.
the screen then fades to black.
the system then tries to rebuild the desktop, but fails to do this completely. It shows the Startbar, but with some improper rendered icons on it, and it fails to add the background image, so the screen is mainly black.
At this point the system freezes.

When started in safe mode, the system works, and when the intel graphics driver is removed, the system functions normally. Only with crappy graphics.

Idea anyone?
Thanks.

There is a compatibility issue we have seen at my company with that exact setup. If they latest BIOS does not help then you need to return that Kingston and get the Crucial CT2KIT25664BA1339 kit. there is no way around it, no BIOS setting to change, Voltage to set, or anything else.

During my testing we found that the processors with Integrated graphics do not play well with Kingston's KVR1333D3N9/2G modules. if i build a system with this combo it will fail to post every time. i pull the proc and put an i7 860 with no integrated graphics system is rock solid stable. put the 530 back in and it wont post.

i pull the proc and put an i7 860 with no integrated graphics system is rock solid stable.
I hate to bump an older thread, but I just acquired a dh57jg and there's no i7 listed as being support, at least on intel's site. Did you need any particular bios version or cooler to run the i7?

Thank you so much for the game debate link. :clap: That was exactly what I was looking for! :D

Back