• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dfi p-45 bios update hosed my machine

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ssswdon

Registered
Hi.

I have an issue with my m/b,. Its a DFI Lanparty p-45. I was trying to update the bios and in the middle of the process it hung the update. I waited many hrs before restarting, not it won't even start the boot process. Now when I boot the machine nothing happens. I get nothing on the monitor and the bios boot is dead. I tried to reset the cmos via jumper and that didn't work. I created a boot disk and still nothing. I didn't think the boot would work since bios isn't going through the normal post checks

Does anyone know how to recover from this issue. This seems like it could happen to anyone but me... Any solutions would be very appreciated.

Depending on which version of LP P45 board you own, I believe the UT series is the only board that offers a socketed BIOS chip. I think both the DK and BI series have the BIOS chip soldered to the board.

Back