• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What newer x58 usb 3.0/sata 6 include a soundcard so I don't have to use it.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mas5acre

I eally like boards to come with a soundcard so I can throw it into the junk pile and instead use something decent. i really like boards that do come with these as they allow for proper proper spacing with sli and a videocard. I hate when the videocard is intended to be in the top slot and covers a perfectly good space for a soundcard! Plus an integrated device I'll never use I just find annoying. I believe a motherboard layout should be like x1,x16,another 3 or 2 slots down another x16.

mass...Asus mobo's are great. Rampage 3 Extreme is OCing mobo king and damn its pretty impressive. Bigbang is also a great OC as well. Dont me to bothered by the sound card...r3e and asus mobo's or most mobo have on-board sound as standard. I personally got the creative headset which comes with its own soundcard built in and disabled the onboard...keep it simple keep it sweet - this is the end u twit (sry...sad joke)

I eally like boards to come with a soundcard so I can throw it into the junk pile and instead use something decent. i really like boards that do come with these as they allow for proper proper spacing with sli and a videocard. I hate when the videocard is intended to be in the top slot and covers a perfectly good space for a soundcard! Plus an integrated device I'll never use I just find annoying. I believe a motherboard layout should be like x1,x16,another 3 or 2 slots down another x16.

I'm not sure if I misunderstand you or not, but I recently built my first pc in a long time, used the gigabyte x58a-ud3r. It has on board dolby digital sound. I can't really say if it's good or bad because a clear 2 channel stereo meets my needs. But the sound works fine as well as the whole mobo I am very happy with.

It's my first oc project and I'm running very cool at 1930mhz ram and 3ghz cpu.

i guess nobodys understanding me. i dont like onboard sound. I currently have an evga le x58 mobo with onboard. im thinking of replacing it so i can have true x16/x16 lanes. the spacing on my current mobo sucks for a soundcard. mobos that include a crappy pcie soundcard with them do not have onboard sound. Instead the mobo pcie slots leave an empty 1x pcie slot on the very top of the pcie lanes above where u would use the dual x16 lanes for graphics. this can be seen in the bloodrage x58 mobo that came with a shitty soundcard and the msi big bamg. I think built in sound is useless now adays with the newer gpus supporting sound over HDMI. I myself have a xonar essece stx headphone amp card that i would like to place above my gpus whenever i pick up a 2nd gpu.

i guess nobodys understanding me. i dont like onboard sound. I currently have an evga le x58 mobo with onboard. im thinking of replacing it so i can have true x16/x16 lanes. the spacing on my current mobo sucks for a soundcard. mobos that include a crappy pcie soundcard with them do not have onboard sound. Instead the mobo pcie slots leave an empty 1x pcie slot on the very top of the pcie lanes above where u would use the dual x16 lanes for graphics. this can be seen in the bloodrage x58 mobo that came with a crapty soundcard and the msi big bamg. I think built in sound is useless now adays with the newer gpus supporting sound over HDMI. I myself have a xonar essece stx headphone amp card that i would like to place above my gpus whenever i pick up a 2nd gpu.

Ah, that's clearer, and turns out I'm no help then. Best of luck with it.

Back