• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

American Megatrends MoBo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

u13turbo

Registered
Hey guys, im looking at building a really cheap system, and this looks like an ok deal for a MoBo, its an American Megatrends(never heard of them =/ they any good?) and the auction says it had a p4 2.4ghz in it. That would make it socket 478 correct? Does that mean it could take a 3.2ghz p4 proccessor?

heres auction: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=312307121

When my Biostar board posts, I get an american megatrends logo on my screen, so I'd say its a biostar board, unless AM makes bioses

ok, well would it be any good? and if it had a p4 2.4ghz any other socket 478 should fit correct?

ok, well would it be any good?

Well, first of all, the brand name of the BIOS says nothing about the board itself.

Nor does the fact that it comes with a 2.4ghz P4 say anything about what CPUs it supports. Not all 478 CPUs are compatible with all 478 motherboards, and there were a few different versions of the 2.4ghz P4.

But that looks like some version of the ECS P4S5A... which is kind of a crap board. I'm pretty sure it doesn't support 800FSB processors, or any Prescott P4/Celeron of any kind, and I wouldn't expect it to work particularly well at all, regardless of the CPU.

Well, first of all, the brand name of the BIOS says nothing about the board itself.

Nor does the fact that it comes with a 2.4ghz P4 say anything about what CPUs it supports. Not all 478 CPUs are compatible with all 478 motherboards, and there were a few different versions of the 2.4ghz P4.

But that looks like some version of the ECS P4S5A... which is kind of a crap board. I'm pretty sure it doesn't support 800FSB processors, or any Prescott P4/Celeron of any kind, and I wouldn't expect it to work particularly well at all, regardless of the CPU.

Ok that was the answer i was looking for. thanks

Back