• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p6t deluxe experts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ryantt

Hi right now iam oc to 4.5 24hr stable but what i want to know is how to get the blck to go to stock clocks when is on idle and when is on use goes back to the oc setting that i had it... i done it before in other boards but in this one is not doing it :)...thanks in advance

you prolly arent going to get big clocks with speedstep and c states active, it tends to make your oc unstable. you can try to enable those 2 features and see. just let us know if they work for you

Try this. It may be what your looking for.
It's in Windows 7 and Vista.
====================

Control panel, Power Options/Battery icon, Change plan settings, Change advanced power settings, Processor power management, Minimum processor state (I have mine at 50% and at idle the system will idle around 1.6 ghz, setting to less is really for laptops as it takes longer for the processor to speed up on demand, it's quick at 50%), Maximum processor state - Set to 100% if not already there.

Doing this should have you system idle, use less power and be cooler.
When you need it it instantly bumps up sometimes in the middle and if you need it it goes full speed and speed step and c state set in bios still continue to add the extra mile to it.

i try the power management feature and it did put my clocks down to 2.6 ghz from 4.5ghz but didn't put my cpu vcore down which is why my temps still the same :) ....the only reason i am trying to do this is for my room to be colder :)
thanks

Back