• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mem Multiplier for AMIBIOS 2010

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bobland

I'm trying to OC my system using the 3 Step Guide. I'm currently running on a 160 bclk x 21 with hardly any other tweaks applied. My cooler is a D14. Prime95 at full blast gives me 67C high.

I can't find the Memory Multiplier so I'm reluctant to do much more. As this is the first time I've attempted OC I welcome all comments on tweaking this particular bios.

System:
P6X58D-E, i7-920, 6GB RAM, HAF 932, 150GB Velociraptor boot, WD Blue 320G, WD Green 500GB, WD Black 1TB x2, PNY GTS 250, Noctua NH-D14, Corsair TX750 PSU

Since this is my first post I'm not sure if I'm in the right subforum so feel free to move this thread.

Thanks,
Burt

Last edited:
Asus doesn't offer a separate DRAM multiplier option, but instead the BIOS automatically configures the effective DRAM frequencies that correspond w/ the current BCLK. So in your case using a 160 BCLK, the available DRAM Frequency options for you to choose from are DDR3-960MHz (2:6), DDR3-1280MHz (2:8), DDR3-1600MHz (2:10), etc.

Last edited:
If I increase the bclk doesn't that increase the mem freq? Does that pose a problem?

What kind of problem would it pose? When you up the BCLK, yes... the DRAM frequencies that correspond to each multiplier increase also. For example assuming you have DDR3-1600, and the BCLK set to 160 w/ a DRAM frequency of DDR3-1600. You then upped the BCLK to 180, but wanted to keep the resulting frequency lower than 800MHz, you would select one of the lower available frequencies of DDR3-1440 (2:8) or DDR3-1080 (2:6).

Back