• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Optimal Q6600 G0 Overclocking MB, advice please.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Elicaris

Registered
:rain::comp::confused::mad::bang head

My current system is an Intel Q6600 G0, EVGA 680i SLi A1, OCZ Reaper 801mhz, ATI Radeon 5870 900/1300, WD Caviar Black 2 640gig Raid 0 :attn: . So I was on a game of Starcraft II trying to refine my build order to push units out with Zerg. Not doin too bad in 2v2 and 3v3s. Anyway I'm in a heated game pushing with a buddy of mine playing Protoss push the main gates of two Terran fortified in their base. I toss a corruptor in their base to open the network behind their probes. I send in Mutalisks. My adrenaline is sky high ready to wipe this guy out from both ends and dzzzt. My monitor shows "Signal Lost", pit in my stomach has an idea what went down. Now I spent some time clocking this system, 3.6Ghz, 1:1 ratio, ram at 4-4-4-18-T2. I was pretty happy, but it's an aged system, around 4 years old. I.. miiiight have put a little too much stress on the MCP. I went down to the tower and unplugged everything. I opened the case to pop the battery, then plugged the power supply in and nothing. Just dzzzt, and not even a number on the LED to tell me an issue. It's as if its not getting the power. I'm going to check the power supply with a meter tomorrow to see if it's getting power. If thats not the case I'm thinking of getting a new motherboard. I come here to you guys to ask for some advice on a new motherboard. As mentioned above I like to overclock a bit to find maximum performance. Also considering FFXIV is coming out Sept 22nd, I'd like to get my system back up and running by then. Bit of a long post but thanks for reading. :)

Forgot to mention I do have decent cooling. I have the Antec 900 + 2 120v fans using external power ( they're pretty solid fans, pull air like beasts ), 200mm fan on top exhausting, and a sunbeam HSF, so far keeps the temps pretty low idle in the 40s, full load in prime95 around 66c.:bday:

Again thanks for reading and I appreciate any input. :thup:

Yeah, the nVidia chipset boards were horrible at OCing in general, and even worse with quad cores; they just couldn't handle it.

If you want a good quad clocking board, then get a P45 board. Something like the Asus P5Q series or the Gigabyte EP45 series.

So did u lost the PS or the mobo ??
Asus P5Q PRO is a nice mobo for OCing, the P5Q DELUXE is even better, I have them both.

Back