• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with Asus p7p55D pro + I5 750

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dolan103081

Hello and nice to meet you all. I have read over allot of guides and topics but I ran in to trouble so am asking for help. First I will post all of my PC parts so you know what Im working with I will also attach a screenshot of my CPU-z and temps.

Parts:
Mobo - ASUS P7P55D PRO LGA 1156 Intel P55 ATX Intel Motherboard.

CPU - Intel Core i5-750 Lynnfield 2.66GHz 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core Processor BX80605I5750

Ram- G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2000 (PC3 16000)

PSU- Rosewill Xtreme Series RX950-D-B 950W Continuous @40°C ,80 PLUS Certified, ATX12V v2.2 & EPS12V v2.91

Case- RAIDMAX SMILODON ATX-612WBP Black 1.0mm SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Foldout MB Computer Case

Heatsink- Cooler Master RR-B10-212P-G1 Hyper 212 Plus 775/1156/1366/AMD/AM2/AM3 Universal Direct Contact Heat-Pipe 120mm Fan CPU Cooler

GPU- EVGA 01G-P3-1373-TR GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) Superclocked EE 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16

Ok now that you know my setup I will tell you what I have my Bios set at:

I have my Vcore at 1.35V, IMC at 1.3v, Dram at 1.65V, all other voltages on Auto, Multi at 20, bclck at 200, C1E, Speedstep, and C-state all disabled.

OK now my problem everything at these settings works good and is stable but as u will see from the screen shot my temps I think are way to high. I am not sure what to do to make them lower and I think with this heatsink I should have lower temps at these settings shouldent I?

This first Pic is temps at Idle.
xMiSLT4q.jpeg

This second pic is temps at Load as you can see they are pushing 80 C which I think is to high. As you can see they even hit 84C max.
zDHMtWpt.jpeg

I think I installed the heatsink right but I might not have as this is my first aftermarket heatsink. It is also my first attempt at OCing so any advice or help would be much appricated.

Thanks in advance Scott Dolan.

:welcome: to OCForums!

You can try re-seating the heatsink. Make sure you check the TIM coverage to see if that was your problem. How much TIM did you use?

Have you tried reducing your vcore?

I have tried reducing the Vcore but with any less I find it unstable.

When I applied the TIM I used Arctic silver 5 and I spread it over the whole processor in a think layer.

:welcome: to the forums

1.3 vcore maybe too much for your heatsink to handle. Try bclk@160, multi @20 and vcore at 1.2v. At this setting my system reaches a maximum of 70c. If you are above that temp, then maybe you need to reduce the thickness of the thermal compound. Remember, it is there to close microscopic cracks in the surface of the cpu and heatsink, thus ensuring a good thermal connection. If you are below 70c, then 1.3v may just be too much for your current configuration. Good luck, and happy hunting.

Back