• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte H55N-USB3 & Core i5 655K 280+ BCLK

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ross

Senior Intel-lectual
Isn't it cute :)

h55n-usb3.jpg

I messed around with the board a bit on my beat up 860...and by beat up, I mean it was dead and I managed to resurrect it with some surgery. I was impressed with how well this little board OC'd even on that banged up proc, but I picked up a Core i5 655K on the way home from work today and dropped it in on the single stage for the first boot.

I didn't pull the validations (higher than these) off the HDD I was using, so these are just screens that I took for the time being. It will do 280+ BCLK with HT on too.

280bclk.png

Maybe even more impressive is still huge BCLK with 5.5GHz QPI. 5500 is the cap for QPI so far. When I dropped the QPI multi, BCLK kept going. I'm hoping for more on DI or LN2 and/or maybe even break the 300BCLK barrier at some point :drool:

275bclk.png

I'll post more as I continue playing with it, but wanted to post these impressive initial results up in the meantime ;)

Wow, seriously???

You and Miah are marketing these boards really well...is Gigabyte paying you guys yet? lol

I really want an ITX build, I just need to find some really unique, and of course very small, to put the system in before I buy.

That's a lot smaller board than I thought, good pic :p If they go any smaller they're gonna have to downsize ram lol. How is the performance @ those crazy bclks? Decent? or great?

Wow, seriously???

You and Miah are marketing these boards really well...is Gigabyte paying you guys yet? lol

I really want an ITX build, I just need to find some really unique, and of course very small, to put the system in before I buy.
LOL, I wish. The first run would've been on LN2 instead of the old SS :p Much like the H55M-UD2H, I just got it to mess around in the hwbot comp and it turned out to be a really impressive OCer :thup:

That's a lot smaller board than I thought, good pic :p If they go any smaller they're gonna have to downsize ram lol. How is the performance @ those crazy bclks? Decent? or great?
Yeah, I wasn't kidding when I said it's smaller than the PSU :p Actually, efficiency is actually not that bad at the high BCLKs. I'll be messing with 32M over the weekend and will keep you posted...

That thing is tiny but so damn awesome. I've always wanted to build one of those small cube looking systems, I think they're very nice and sleek looking. This board really impresses me to for such a tiny little thing it sure as heck holds it's own.

Yeah, this is one small board, I love it :)

I am hoping if I drop QPI more it will go further, but don't think it's cold enough for 300 on just the SS. A lot of the BCLK is also proc (IMC) and mem settings. 6x0 procs probably wouldn't be much different since they are dual cores too, but 7x0's and 8x0's will probably all peak a little lower. My 860 is the same as it's been in every P55/H55 board I've ever tried it in (235), so I know that's just the proc's limit.

I will be playing with it this weekend though and will try to at least get some DI tomorrow and see what happens...

Seems like 5.5GHz is the cap on the cores too so far :( Core OC doesn't seem to matter if it's high or low BCLK, anything >5.45GHz is a reboot waiting to happen.

There's a pretty good wall on the BCLK. 280 is cake, but 281-282 will lock. I am not sure if it's not enough cold/IMC/mem. I've tried single channel, diff multis, different settings, really loose tRDs and so far nothing will get by it. If I have time tonight, I'll grab some DI and see if it makes any diff. I wish I had time to get LN2 this week...or next :(

ninja posted me MIAH, thanks though ;) I'm liking this board a whole lot: small, OCs like mad, cheap :p

Well it hit 285 BCLK on DI and with some really decent mem speed/timings too. Yeah, I forgot to mention that 6x mem multi doesn't seem to want to work this high, so I am stuck with 8x. While the mem doesn't have much of a problem running the speed, it's still >2200MHz that the IMC needs to deal with on top of the BCLK, that might be part/most of the issue going higher ;) I haven't tried F5 final BIOS to see if it's any different.

285bclk_valid.png

32m_659219.png

Back