• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

prime 95 failed after 8 hours? any ideas??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sage0030

my settings in bios are as follows any ideas would be appreciated guys thx, :bang head came back after work failed after 8 hours I did the blend test on prime 95.
I tried upping the qpi/dram to 1.4 to see if that was it. I know it has to be somthing to do with memory I just recently overclocked it so I think. could it be cpu at this voltage? has to be somthing with the mem that im not doing right, really wish somone would help a noob.

[Thu Aug 26 21:43:48 2010]
FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4

ok I think I figure that its the memo causing it.

FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4
Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file.
Self-test 1792K passed!
Self-test 1792K passed!
Self-test 1792K passed!
could it be the memory timings im really lost please help. lol

cpu ratio 20.0
200x100=4ghz
cpu voltage 1.35
qpi/dram 1.35
ram freq is 1600
dram 1.64
uclk 3208
qpi link data 72018mt/s
my load temps dont go that high around 62 full load.

Last edited:
CPU voltage looks fine, temps are very decent!
Best way to decide what is the problem is run it with the cpu overclocked and leaving the memory at a default speed (1333/1600MHz). If it fails then it isn't the memory. You must be very close to stability if it took 8 hours.

CPU voltage looks fine, temps are very decent!
Best way to decide what is the problem is run it with the cpu overclocked and leaving the memory at a default speed (1333/1600MHz). If it fails then it isn't the memory. You must be very close to stability if it took 8 hours.

have any ideas on what voltages I could try to make this more stable?

You have great temps so see if bumping the Vcore up a notch (1.4Vcore should be plenty for a 4GHz overclock) so you can factor out the CPU, that memory shouldn't need anything over 1.65V DRAM for running at that rated speed.

As for QPI, it needs to be a little higher to run the RAM at such high speeds. I don't use 2000MHz ram but I searched online and people seem to run it with about 1.4-1.415 QPI (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=254505) This will hopefully do the trick.

You have great temps so see if bumping the Vcore up a notch (1.4Vcore should be plenty for a 4GHz overclock) so you can factor out the CPU, that memory shouldn't need anything over 1.65V DRAM for running at that rated speed.

As for QPI, it needs to be a little higher to run the RAM at such high speeds. I don't use 2000MHz ram but I searched online and people seem to run it with about 1.4-1.415 QPI (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=254505) This will hopefully do the trick.

thx ill give that a try, I was searching what the times were for this ram, took me a while to find it, its not on kingston website, 8-8-8-24.
do you mean cpu voltage vcore also?

Yes, but I would try one at a time. Then you know what is causing it to be unstable so you won't have to raise the voltages higher than they need to be, producing extra heat and using more power.

ok im back after work for second day of prime95 it failed after two hours???? day before it failed after 8 hours somthing is wierd here, I did memtest like two hours yestrday never failed, I even upped my vcore to 1.35 would it just be because I have three sticks in my pc instead of two for ocing?>

Back