• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

USPS... gotta love them

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Terry

Just bought a motherboard/CPU/heatsink-fan from one of the forum members here. This is the way it arrived:

The heatsink was bouncing around in the box but by a miracle I powered it up outside the case and it posts and gets into the BIOS. Parcel Post sucks!

Oh, wow... i think you've used your luck quota for this year though... a TON of luck is crammed into that box.

Glad it all works though!

Oh... and check this sticker out they put on the box. It says 'Received Damaged'. Like they think it was shipped to me that way??? I told the postman it should say 'Ooops, sorry we trashed this'

Oh... and check this sticker out they put on the box. It says 'Received Damaged'. Like they think it was shipped to me that way??? I told the postman it should say 'Ooops, sorry we trashed this'

Heh, like anyone would drop off a package in a pre-crushed box :rolleyes:

If it wasn't in fact delivered to the origin that way, and that sticker is in fact referring to the condition upon original receipt, you need to call the postal inspector and file a complaint, because that is mail fraud committed by some person working at the post office.

More packing material would have been helpful :rolleyes:

Not trying to make excuses for USPS....but we as buyers/sellers need to be prepared for poor handling and package goods accordingly ;)

More packing material would have been helpful :rolleyes:

Not trying to make excuses for USPS....but we as buyers/sellers need to be prepared for poor handling and package goods accordingly ;)
THIS!!!!!

And thats another reason the buyer should suggest and pay for insurance if the seller doesnt already include it.

at least it got to you. the last thing that was attempted to be delivered to my address was delivered somewhere else.

I am sorry to see that Hank. Though I have to admit that I laughed at the pure absurdity. I mean honestly, the postal person had to have noticed that it was a little tough to bend... the kicker to me is they didn't just fudge it a little. They bent the crud out of it.

Oh my, I don't get why they don't get off their lazy rear and put something like that inside your screen door if you have one.

I dont know if Terry is in the same boat as me, I was super pissed and at the same time I laughed cause I know they know they screwed it up and they where being douche bags. Freaken people. lol maybe they where having a bad day and took it out on you.

@hank123, rofl sorry but I couldnt help but laugh at how absurd that is.

As for the OP, really that is the fault of the shipper (for the damage) now USPS is being shady with that pre damaged sticker but there is a reason why shipping companies have a recommended packing method for shipping. things do get damaged, things do get crushed or broken. The job of CYA is on the shipper not the shipping company. Put that packing in the box, pay for that insurance. If you pack a box poorly and dont insure it USPS could dang near run it over with a truck and it is still your fault.

If you ship something bendable, insure it and put a "DO NOT BEND" sticker on it, and they bend it, they pay for it. Just remember when shipping stuff to cover your ass!

On a lighter note, I think our FedEx driver is drunk half the time. very clumsy but in an inebriated sorta way lol. And at my office we have had our share of destroyed things. We once got a TV that had been crushed by a forklift, someone had run one of the prongs right into the screen. If you get something that is damaged dont let that driver run off until you check it!

Back