• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rampage III random reboot after video card update

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jdizzle925

Registered
Hi All,

I'm having a weird situation. Finished building an i7-930/rampage III setup this weekend. Got it to a point where I have installed windows 7 and got all the networking setup. Then I decided to start installing the Nvidia GTX 460 drivers. Not even 2 minutes into the driver installation, system reboots. I got a message in windows indicating I should reinstall the graphics drivers. So I tried and blam, reboots again. Several reboots and powerdowns later, the systems wont even give me the BIOS screen anymore. Red CPU light (Q LED) stays on.

Anyone ran into anything similar? I'd appreciate any advice thanks.

BTW, the specs of my system:
Rampage III Extreme
i7-930 (stock fan)
6GB Corsair XMS3 RAM CAS7
Thermaltake 875W PSU
Palit GTX460
Seagate 1TB Sata3 drive
ASUS CD/DVD drive

Nope. I'm thinking because I only have one of the 8pin EATX12V connected. Do I need to have both connected? I read only only if the CPU is overclocked which mine isn't.

Just finished trolling through the ASUSTEK boards and it appears this is a common problem for many. Not exactly sure what caused it but its going back to TigerDirect. Also considering a different board like an eVGA classified...

Back