• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Koolance Customer Service

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xoke

Too many times we complain when we get hosed, but forget to praise when treated well. I ordered the new Koolance dice/ln2 pot last week. Received it on Thursday and began putting it together. For what ever reason one of the posts that screws into the baseplate (it's hard to explain) broke off and basically ruined the post and left a chunk of threads in the base. I'm pretty sure it was defective as I was pretty cautious not to over torque it. Anyways, I e-mailed the Koolance people on Friday and told them the story and simply ended my e-mail with "what are my options", figuring they might have to charge me something...after all it could have easily been my fault. I received an e-mail today informing me that new parts had been already been shipped my way.

This is what I'm talking about, this is what I expect when I spend my money with a company. Stuff happens, things break, I just want to be treated right. I was completely prepared to pay for the parts, or eat the shipping...Koolance went above and beyond. If your in the market for some watercooling stuff, give these folks a run. :thup:

https://www.koolance.com/default.php

wait till you get to use that bad boy, the price of admission is right on the money and value is yours. its a pain to mount but works wonderfully

wait till you get to use that bad boy, the price of admission is right on the money and value is yours. its a pain to mount but works wonderfully

I'm way excited! I got the new style one, with all the holes drilled in the base...it's supposed to be pretty legit. I would have liked a k|ngp|n pot, but I'll probably end up benching more Dice than Ln2, so they seemed a bit expensive for my purposes. I doubt I'll even wait for the parts...probably end up at Ace getting some threaded stock and setting it up that way. Any thermal paste recommendations?

I have a koolance V2 as well, it's a monster for dry ice (it's a monster for LN2 too really, but you'd best have a coldbug free cpu). They shipped it quickly, i certainly didn't have any complaints.

You're going to like extreme benching, it changes eeeeeeeeverything. Air/water will never be the same (or enough...) for you again :rock:

Thermal paste wise, most people use arctic alumina ceramique, it's cheap and it works well. It doesn't really make that much of a difference once you're in extreme-land. Certainly not enough of one to worry about getting something better then ceramique. You could probably use toothpaste and get almost the same results.

I've messed around with some crappy phase systems, and chilled water hybrids -25c-30c at best...this will be my first run with "extreme" cold. I read somewhere about frozen paste the other day, lol, thought I'd ask.

And I agree, once you go that cold nothing else will cut it for you. It's one of the reasons I'm not interested in water anymore, after -25c, water doesn't hold the same appeal, I'd just as soon be on air or be frozen solid. :thup:

Looking forward to this weekend, any words of wisdom regarding the V2 Koolance pot? I've prepped motherboards before and what not, just wondering if there were any quirks you ran across with yours?

make sure you have plenty of paste, I would test mount the pot itself. and then make sure you have good contact, if so wipe the paste and re-apply and you should be good to go. also I would wrap a paper towel or shamwow around the pot itself to help keep condensate off the board.

make sure you have plenty of paste, I would test mount the pot itself. and then make sure you have good contact, if so wipe the paste and re-apply and you should be good to go. also I would wrap a paper towel or shamwow around the pot itself to help keep condensate off the board.

Yea, painters tape, art gum, foam, couple of well placed Shamwow's, few fans...I know the drill. I cut my teeth on a 780i, T-power I-45 (R.I.P.) and a EP45-UD3P, lol. I'm doing it right this time though...my bench rig will be it's own setup and used only for benching, I'm keeping the rig in my sig for regular use...though I might borrow it's cards or RAM once in a while.

I'll take plenty of pictures, lol, of success and fail, I'm not to shy about being wrong and dumb. :thup:

no better way to learn than to pour the coals to it, you will be fine. Nice that we have the resources of those brave souls past to look to for advice and wonderful pic posts for reference

no better way to learn than to pour the coals to it, you will be fine. Nice that we have the resources of those brave souls past to look to for advice and wonderful pic posts for reference

Indeed!

Back