• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thoughts on Gigabyte GA-X58-ud3r and 4ghz?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SheepMoose

Registered
Planning on getting a new build done in a few weeks time and have been looking into all options possible.

I was thinking of getting a Asus R3E but it does seem overly expensive. I do really like Asus as a brand, but is it worth the $500ish bucks (AUD) ?

I can save some money and get an GA-x58-ud3r but have heard of these having a fair few problems.

I do have plans to crossfire two 5870's, or possibly wait for the HD 6000 series. So, what's a recommended board for me?

Planning on getting a new build done in a few weeks time and have been looking into all options possible.

I was thinking of getting a Asus R3E but it does seem overly expensive. I do really like Asus as a brand, but is it worth the $500ish bucks (AUD) ?

I can save some money and get an GA-x58-ud3r but have heard of these having a fair few problems.

I do have plans to crossfire two 5870's, or possibly wait for the HD 6000 series. So, what's a recommended board for me?

If you ask me 500 for a MB is crazy unless you have extra money to throw around. I have that GB board rev2.0 and hit 4.0 while yawning.

UD3R should be fine for 4ghz.
The RIIIE is really aimed at extreme benching more then anything else, for 4ghz 24/7 it's rather overkill.

the R3E is alot of board for 4.0GHz, no need to spend that much unless your wallet is just to fat :D If Asus is your flavour grab a P6T or a used R2E can be had for around 225. The P6T is a great clocker and a decent price point

I'm not a fan of Gigabyte, boards are buggy and RMA is a experience I would not want to do again so I tend to avoid them but that being said the UD3R is a good clocker for the money

Back