• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking DG31PR

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mrmdtek

I WANT TO OVERCLOCK MY MOBO INTEL DG31PR BUT I CANT OVERCLOCKED
FOR THE BIOS AND FROM ANY SOFTWARE LIKE CPUCOOL I THINK I SHOULD TRY THE BSEL MOD OR VID ITS A GOOD IDEA OR NOT ???

If you're serious about overclocking you'll need a board that supports overclocking and gives you the features you need.

What are the other components in the system?

Regardless...I would not recommend it. Not worth the mod risk in my book. Even if it does allow you to overclock, you won't get far on a G31 Micro board.

What are the other components in the system?

Regardless...I would not recommend it. Not worth the mod risk in my book. Even if it does allow you to overclock, you won't get far on a G31 Micro board.
system
cpu : E5200
mobo: dg31PR
ram: 4GO ddr2 800 mhz
gpu: gt8500 1go
psu: 400W

please help me to overclock this mobo i want to overclock my cpu E5200 from 2.5 to 3 ghz

I can tell English is not your first language but your questions have been answered by myself and others. You'll need a overclockable motherboard to reach your goal

If you do the BSEL mod, you are altering the CPU, not the motherboard. As long as that board supports native 1066 or even 1333 FSB, it should work. The motherboard will simply recognize the processor as something else.

Guide

its good to do bsel or not or its dangerous for my pc and mobo and the cpu

By doing the BSEL mod and changing the FSB to 1066, you will be jumping from 2500mhz to 3331 mhz. More than likely you would need to do the VID mod as well, to account for the huge increase in speed.

There is always risk in overclocking, especially on the stock cooler. Pay close attention to your loaded temperature!

If you do the BSEL mod and it is unstable, and you don't want to do the VID mod, you can simply remove the connection you just made, and it's back to stock.

The BSEL mod is actually quite simple, just make sure you connect the right pins. Good luck if you plan on trying it.

By doing the BSEL mod and changing the FSB to 1066, you will be jumping from 2500mhz to 3331 mhz. More than likely you would need to do the VID mod as well, to account for the huge increase in speed.

There is always risk in overclocking, especially on the stock cooler. Pay close attention to your loaded temperature!

If you do the BSEL mod and it is unstable, and you don't want to do the VID mod, you can simply remove the connection you just made, and it's back to stock.
and ow to remove the connection and i should change the cpu cooler

The BSEL mod is actually quite simple, just make sure you connect the right pins. Good luck if you plan on trying it.

and how to remove the connection

Back