• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS RMA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Neuromancer

Is there a rep on this forum?

I have never had to RMA an ASUS product before. This motherboard however is getting ready for its 3rd trip back. First one lasted a few months... It was faulty and I sent it in. Board was returned with more problems than I sent it in with.

I used it till it died completely. Sent it in.

THen they sent me a board back that had a new SN. So I figured.. oh great new board, no need to test it. Got it installed tonight..

NB overheating to 90C. (thought it was a faulty sensor...) nope. board died 5 minutes later.

Never got any of the RMA service I hear about on ASUS (advanced replacement etc). Did not notice it till I want to install it tonight either, but one of the fan headers was completely mangled. Yippie my QC is as bad as theres. (although To be fair I never pulled it out of the ESD... just eyed it up)

Just called about a eeepc a week or so ago and it was very smooth - the monitor has a hardware issue. Took my information and then asked me what the problem was. So when the tech suggested updating drivers, I just politely told him that the display is exactly the same from the moment it powers on, any bios screen, the linux quickboot, as well as windows - its not a driver issue. He quickly moved on to filing the RMA and sending me the information to send it in for repair.

If you haven't asked for anything special, you'll be unlikely to get it. If you are polite however, I think your situation is prime for special arrangements to be made for you.

Oh.. no complaints about getting an RMA. and I am always polite with people that will be handling my food ;) (for example)

Problem is not getting the RMA it is getting a working product BACK from RMA.

About the advance RMA... no I normally do not have the flow on hand for that. I live week to week like most Americans. IT was never offered to me though and apparently ASUS offers it on first RMA only. it was never even offered to me.

I appreciate your input Matt, let me know if they send you back a working product.

IME.. ASUS sells pricey stuff that never dies. It wont win you any overclocking championships... but it will do above what it should reliably. More importantly it lasts forever. Problem is that most companies are used to dealing with faulty stuff and have a great RMA department (I have never had RMA trouble like this except with sunbeam, that was not a faulty product return that was, I never got anything back from them...)

TBH.. I expect a new board out of them after this fiasco. It will not happen of course cuz they have a ton of dead boards to send me still.

I havent had any issues with their RMAs. Sent a mobo in about a year ago. Dropped the replacement right back into the rig and was up and running with no issues.

Personally I always use advance RMA if its available. I also sometimes will use it as a guarantee that Im not getting the same item back (its never happened) but I just like that added security ;)

Oh.. no complaints about getting an RMA. and I am always polite with people that will be handling my food ;) (for example)

Problem is not getting the RMA it is getting a working product BACK from RMA.

About the advance RMA... no I normally do not have the flow on hand for that. I live week to week like most Americans. IT was never offered to me though and apparently ASUS offers it on first RMA only. it was never even offered to me.

I appreciate your input Matt, let me know if they send you back a working product.

IME.. ASUS sells pricey stuff that never dies. It wont win you any overclocking championships... but it will do above what it should reliably. More importantly it lasts forever. Problem is that most companies are used to dealing with faulty stuff and have a great RMA department (I have never had RMA trouble like this except with sunbeam, that was not a faulty product return that was, I never got anything back from them...)

TBH.. I expect a new board out of them after this fiasco. It will not happen of course cuz they have a ton of dead boards to send me still.

Call them 812.282.2787, explain the details of your case and ask to be elevated to level 3, request Mason Winner if possible. This happend to me on my X38 Maximus SE, they sent 2 faulty boards back and ran out of stock to send a 3rd SE, so I was upgraded to a Rampage and got a nice T-Shirt :D.

Asus will foot the bill for anymore shipping but you must request it they will not offer it, and if you can get to Mason he will bend over backwards to help you.

Never had good luck with Asus mobos or RMAs. Very unresponsive in my experience. I had a new mobo fail in a few months time. They sent me a replacement Mobo covered in dust like it had been lying on the side of the road some place... that someone had replaced the leaking caps on. Asus felt this was an acceptable replacement for a essentially defective new Mobo. IME, their CSRs who double as tech support/warehouse workers/office managers/etc. don't speak fluent English so you may have your hands full with a discussion via e-mail or phone? No more Asus for me. <LOL>

YMMV

I havent had any issues with their RMAs. Sent a mobo in about a year ago. Dropped the replacement right back into the rig and was up and running with no issues.

Personally I always use advance RMA if its available. I also sometimes will use it as a guarantee that Im not getting the same item back (its never happened) but I just like that added security ;)

It just seems, that with Asus, you pretty much have to do this now to get a working product back. Remember that I made a thread a while ago that they sent us a replacement board filled with swollen capacitors. We sent that back, still sealed, and they sent it back the same condition. It took about 30+minute conversation to get it worked out. A lot of time wasted if they knew how freaking look at their motherboard.

Took Asus 2 weeks after it arrived there to even start fixing my REX, another week for them to tell me that it can't be fixed and they tried to swap it out for a REX II. Then they finally send me a replacement REX (different serial) and after that one arrived it doesn't even work. So it's going back for RMA. Their RMA service has gone down the crapper. Their customer service reps are all very rude as well when you call them or try and get on their chat. Every person you talk to gives you a different story.

I hear a lot of that lately, Asus reps rude and dropping the ball on bad products being shipped out.

I have been fortunate never to have had these problems yet, and I have RMA'd alot with Asus, they have always been respectful and polite on the phone ( wont waste my time with web service) Quick to address my problems and I dont even give a cc anymore for cross ship. Had a 3870X2 2 months out of warranty and Asus still replaced the card at no cost to me. Still a loyal Asus customer but I would like to try a EVGA out ;)

wow I guess I just havent RMAd through asus for a while then, come to think of it I think its actually been over a year since I did RMA anything to them. Shame to see they went down hill so much.

Will see when I get the board back, just alerted them yesterday that the dead board shipped back to htem, and got an email saying the replacment has been "released for shipping" and I should get a tracking number within 48 hours.

Cross country so I probably will not see it till next week *sigh

At this point, I think Gigabyte and eVGA have the best RMA service out there. Just filed a new RMA for the replacement board I received, we'll see how long it takes for them to issue me an RMA. Last time, it took them a week just to issue an RMA # :rolleyes:

Given Dolk's recent experience, they can't be all bad.
To be fair, Gigabyte sent back a "repaired" mobo that still didn't work. Twice.

I am not a fan of Asus RMA myself. They do make nice motherboards, so you might go years without actually having to RMA, But when you do.... its like pulling teeth. IMO its their way of making sure that people are really only sending them broken stuff and not just sending it in because they don't know what they are doing.

I fall in the category of the later. I thought I knew quite a bit about motherboards until I learned of What a motherboard's RAM speed, and what the RAM manufacturer's RAM speed and what the CPU Manufacturer's RAM speed is. They all advertise different speeds, but if you don't pay attention, you can be making a big mistake.

Brolloks corrected me on my misinformation and even swapped an EVGA board for my Asus Board. He said he had no problem with the Asus board (which was a nightmare for me). Lesson learned.

I was all excited I thought my board arrived today and they sent me a full retail replacment!

But no... its a RIII Formula they want reviewed instead

*sigh

I submitted my rma request at the end of august. I never received a call about the discrepency in the shipping address. I still havent heard about the board being shipping out, and never heard back from the previous guy I spoke with about a status update. I just waited 20 minutes on the phone to find out that I needed to call back around noon.

I havent had any rude reps per say (one put me on hold and then I got sent back to the operator), but Im def. becoming frustrated. Im not even sure if i want to try and rma this p5q-e I have sitting with some sort of pci-e slot issues.

At this point, I think Gigabyte and eVGA have the best RMA service out there. Just filed a new RMA for the replacement board I received, we'll see how long it takes for them to issue me an RMA. Last time, it took them a week just to issue an RMA # :rolleyes:

ooo I would have to disagree with Gigabyte, there RMA is crap.
30 day turn around, no cross ship and the hoops you have to jump through to get the honor of RMA'ing your board is ludacris.
untill I had a speaker hooked to the board Gigabyte would not issue me a rma
thats kinda sad at best...

Last problem i had with ASUS RMA was back in the max3 days, get a board, work a couple days, die, get it replaced, work a day and die. I finally got tired of trying to get a good board.

Gigabyte, on the other hand is slow as frozen molasses with RMA's. Their whole process is slow, from issuing RMA #, to processing it when they receive it, to shipping a replacement.

Back