• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

skt775 mobo with 66mhz PCI slot?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jmdixon85

Does anyone know of a socket 775 mobo that has a 66mhz PCI slot?

I can only find E-ATX server boards :(

Must take a 65nm E6550 C2D and be standard ATX.

PCI-e would be a bonus (8x slot would be ideal)

Reason I ask is I'm wanting more speed out of my Netcell PCI RAID card that is currently on a 33mhz slot :(

Of the currently available ones, it looks like the best choice goes between the Supermicro C2SBX (which takes DDR3) and Tyan S5211G2NR (which takes DDR2). There's a couple others available, but they're getting into the 'massive overkill' range.

Thanks Thrashbarg. I will be keeping an eye on ebay for the DDR2 model.

Price new is around £230. Atleast I know what to keep an eye open for now. Cheers :thup:

Any other boards out thier? Maybe a little cheaper?

well 66mhz PCI slots are only used on server boards... might as well get a PCIE raid card to use on your current board.

might as well get a PCIE raid card to use on your current board.

Yeah... actually, a PCIe RAID card would probably cost less than a good motherboard with PCI-x. Hell, a Perc 5i with the BBU and SAS->SATA cables can be found pretty easily for under $200, sometimes around $150 if you watch the auctions, and it'd be a pretty significant step up from that Netcell card. Being in the UK would probably affect prices a bit, but I'm sure there are still decent deals to be had.

Back