• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel DQ57TM issue... randomly locks up in POST

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

madhatter256

Special Member
I have a customer's PC here that we special ordered the parts. Their specs are:

-Intel DQ57TM motherboard
-i7 870 CPU
-2x 4gb Kingston 1333mhz DDR3
-80gig Intel SSD (latest firmware)
-1TB Seagate ES2 drive (passed full scan and DST)
-SATA DVDRW
-Sapphire Radeon 5570 GPU.

The problem they are having is that it will randomly freeze or lock up during POST. Either from a hard shutdown or automatic restart.

I've swapped out the RAM with 2gig sticks and it still locks up. All the hardware tests out OK.

I'm thinking it is a compatibility issue between the motherboard and SSD, but I updated the BIOS and the SSD has the latest firmware.

I download Inte's SSD Toolbox and that didn't help much, but I did confirm that the SSD passes their diagnostic tool.

I'm stumped, but I'm sure it's a compatibility issue, but wanted to see if anyone has any input on this and if they ever experienced this before.

Do you have the 4-pin PSU power connector connected to the 2 x 2 AUX12V socket on the board? And do you have the two DRAM modules installed to the two DIMM 0 (blue) sockets of channels A and B?

Oh. I tried different PSU and the problem still occurred.

I tried the RAM in different slots. I even filled all the RAM slots with 2gig sticks (to make 8gigs) and the problem is still occurring.

Swap out the videocard then and see if that might be causing your issue

Swap out the videocard then and see if that might be causing your issue

I did swap it out but it was with the same GPU (make/model). When I get the machine back I'll try it with an nVidia GPU, not AMD.

Back