• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this a fair RMA?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Artas1984

My firend's PC is in RMA..

Gigabyte GA-EP45-DQ6 got fried, and there were no identical replacements, so the distributor suggested to replace it with Gigabyte GA-EP45T-DS3R.

I said to my friend that this is a bit of rip-off, because GA-EP45-DQ6 was the most expensive P45 board in the shop at the time he bought it a year ago, and now they try to give a board with rather similar qualities, but clearly not as expensive..

Is this a bit of a rip off?

It depends on if the replacement board meets the needs of your friend. He has had the use of the original Mobo for a year so you need to keep that in mind.

It's a bit of a downgrade. Make a list of the deficiencies (differences between the two. # of onboard USB2.0 headers, # LAN chipsets, etc...) and tell them that your setup requires these things. If it's under warranty, they should be required to provide a replacement that is > or =.

It's a bit of a downgrade. Make a list of the deficiencies (differences between the two. # of onboard USB2.0 headers, # LAN chipsets, etc...) and tell them that your setup requires these things. If it's under warranty, they should be required to provide a replacement that is > or =.

That is either better or equal.... Right.

One would think that that if a GeForce 9800GTX is to be RMA'ed, they should replace it with either identical, or a better, like GF 9800GTX+, and not with a GF 9800GT..

There is still 2 year warranty..

I'd ask for the GA-EP45T-USB3P which is a very good board and price wise lower than the DQ6 , so you and the supplier win

I am surprised to see that the manufacturers started installing USB 3.0 into S775..
I thought that it was meant for new motherboards, who only support Core i processors.
Anyway, that mobo would not fit, although it is very cool and the DDR3 frequency is insane. But my friend needs a mobo with at least 2X LAN sockets.
So thank's for input, i will tell what mobo did he got...

Gigabyte did not had a replacement for GA-E45-DQ6 so it sent money to the importer, and the importer send me a GA-EP45-EXTREME, which was however bulk, but with full remaining warranty... I wonder is this common to replace motherboards with bulk products no matter how good are they?

Back