• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

convert old power supply to atx

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NedClocker

Has anyone tried using the converter that changed an old 12 wire, 2 plug power supply to an atx plug? I paid $10 for one and would like to use it on an old 300 watt ps I have but want to know first if there will be problems.

For one thing, the old ps has an on / off switch.

All input will be appreciated.

I want to oc a 1 ghz duron, but all it has in it right now is a 200 watter and the highest I can get it is 1.12 ghz.

I have another duron 1 ghz that'll go to 1.24, but it's got a 300 watter, so I'm pretty sure it's the power that's the limiting factor.

If power is your limiting factor, messing with an old AT PSU isn't worth the trouble. You are better off laying out the cash for a quality 300 or 400w PSU. As far as what your CPUs can do, unless all things are equal, there are any number of factors that can determine your OC.

Stool, thanks for the reply. The 2 durons are equal, except for the ram. And the power supply. Looks like more than 300 would be a good idea.

And about the wires, never mind. I went to hook it up and noticed it's for atx power supply to at motherboard. Bummer. I should have looked closer before I bought it.

Back