• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte RMA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ChanceCoats123

d20 in a jacket
Has anyone done one of these? I killed my board today, and I started a ticket, but I was wondering the down time I would have. I'm currently using my backup rig, but I have all my parts sitting and doing nothing right now, and that's going to stay that way because they're all incompatible.

Either way, I was looking for some experiences on how helpful/polite they were and roughly how long it took.

Many thanks in advance.

-Chance Coats.

Well i from canada and when i had to rma my gigabyte board in my old rig it took about 4 days to ship 1 day to fix and another 4 back so around 8-13 days not sure about the U.S tho.

Oh wow, that's really not that bad. Being as it got through customs and back in four days (each way) is pretty solid. From the US it must be faster.

How was the tech. support/ customer service? Were they extra thorough in their assessment or was it a "You send a ticket, and they say send it back" type deal?

^^^^ I wouldn't count on faster for the U.S. service as recognized companies and products can pass thru Canadian customs without any delay now days.

Well i called in and they the guy that i had was polite but he offered some tips to help fix it before i sent it in but i already knew it was fried so i didn't do them and i just followed what they were doing to it on the site they have a code that says when they have recieved it, fixed it and it being shipped and they acually didn't have any left in stock and were unable to fix it so they offered me a different mobo which was acually a upgrade!

It typically takes 2-3 days for me to get the authorization, then once the have the board it takes them 4-12 days to repair it (on the low end if it's obviously beyond repair), and 3 days to come back.

Got a few messages back the past two days. The first told me to make sure the other components weren't dead (protocol, I'm sure) and the other directed me to the RMA department. Which, by the way, if you go to the RMA section on their website and use the drop down box to choose Motherboard, it tells you to contact the original seller. :bang head. They offer a three year warranty, what good would it do to send it to a seller who offers a 30 to 90 day warranty? :screwy: Either way, I submitted a request today and we'll see how it goes. I'll post back.

Yeah, I was approved today so I'll try and get it shipped tomorrow to them. Does anyone happen to know how they like their products returned? I'm going to look, but if you guys already know, I won't waste my time. ;)

Those on the east coast can expect a total turn-around time of about three weeks. Least thats what i experienced on both the boards i sent in.

Okay, that's not too bad I suppose. :shrug: I'm going to try and get it in the mail today so it'll be just that much faster. :D

I put it in the original packaging minus all the accessories, and then put it in the box I got it in from the Egg and stuffed the **** out of it with peanuts. :thup: Should've arrived today, so I expect at least two days on sorting and processing.

Not to be judgmental here but just curious what your situation is. You fried a board because of a board malfunction or because you were like pumping way to many volts into it? If it's the latter I'm surprised you're discussing that on these forums.

Back